Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm, okay.... I look forward to seeing more progress. :beer:

Hmm, okay.... I look forward to seeing more progress. :beer:

The parts shown are the plan. The WMS measurement differences where split and added to the offset to allow for the stock wheel to be used in theory.

Like everything, it's a work in progress and hopefully it'll work out. I'm just trying to keep away from what most have done on this mod and NOT run a wheel spacer if I can keep from it.

I currently run 19 offset wheels and looking at the back of wheel to a potential TRE position it should clear. So it's either buy two offset wheels and shorten the housing (to adjust WMS) or offset the arms. Price for wheels will be less of course in the long run.

I have three mock ups I need to do and running as much stock equipment is the plan (at first anyway).

J

By offsetting the arms inboard 2+ inches per side, you're making a significant change to the steering Ackerman angle. Might be fine as Ackerman but I would be concerned the inside wheel/knuckle might hit the turn stop way before the outside wheel and thus decreasing the turning radius.

IMO, build it to fit those +19mm offset wheels and if somebody really wanted to use the stock offset wheels, then they would use 30-40mm spacers.

So it's either buy two offset wheels and shorten the housing (to adjust WMS) or offset the arms. Price for wheels will be less of course in the long run.

I'm not sure what you mean by shortening the housing, If you shorten the front housing, your rear track width will be wider than your front. Your front track width should be dictated by the rear, right? I'd imagine you'd want the front a bit wider than the rear.

[QUOTE="hoser, post

I'm not sure what you mean by shortening the housing, If you shorten the front housing, your rear track width will be wider than your front. Your front track width should be dictated by the rear, right? I'd imagine you'd want the front a bit wider than the rear.
[/QUOTE]

Shortening from the width I initially planned. The final width will be correct/same as stock 100 width. Just depends on the setup I decide to use, several variables to look at. The idea now is to have the longest housing possible with no to little spacers. Shortening the housing will require spacers or different wheel offsets.

9" to Toyota (multi-pattern) pinion flanges arrived.

And a PT spool kit in the works for this build.

J

IMG_20191025_103436656.jpg

IMG_20191022_123031017.jpg

Any more of the rear shock guards coming soon?

Jason, do you ever plan on doing a run of front and/or rear UCAs with height sensor brackets for rigs still running AHC?
No. I've played with it a bit and redesigned the bracket, but the request too limited. Your the second person to ask since I've been making them.

I'd be interested in the front UCAs if you were to decide to make a few of them at some point in the future. I'll be running AHC as long as possible and my OEM UCAs are slowly damaging my ahc strut dust shields. I'm sure I could make my own bracket that also attaches to the bolt hole provided if I had to, however.

Now that I look closely, I don't actually see where there is a bracket mount point on these arms. Hose clamps and a properly shaped pieces of metal perhaps?

Trying to order a pair of both upper and lower rear control arms but it looks like you only have the uppers left in stock on your website. Any idea when you'll have lowers back in stock??

Several have asked about 100 products for the start of 2020... Today I brought on a full time certified welder and a machinist trainee to help with the day to day fabrication. Andrea and I are also talking about adding one other person to help float between mechanical installs and fabrication/machining as well, more so on the mechanical side.

The addition of the welder will let me work on my regular duties/details and oversee him for bumpers, sliders and racks. We will have a stock of sliders moving forward Jan 1st and have "base" bumpers shells welded out waiting on order details from customers to turn orders over quicker.

The front and rear bumpers will be started in a couple of weeks.

Today we cut frame arms and plates for 50 pair of sliders. Sliders moving forward will only be available with DOM outer rub rail. Full tread and my standard step treads will be the only two offerings. Also, no more powder for sliders. Sick of freight companies not having a delivery driver physically capable of handling a 130# box of sliders.. No mater how I pack they seem to damage the coating somehow.

SAS Kit and parts
PART TIME KIT
Diff rebuilds, regear, lockers
UCAs
RUCAs
RLCAs new steel design and 7075 aluminum versions
Roof racks and mounts. Negotiated flat rate pricing with FED EX Freight. 500 pair pf mounts are finishing up at the laser cutter now
RLCA skid
Diff drops
Front and rear extended sway links
Misc Tough Dog suspensions and parts
Tailgate lids single and dual door options
FM/CB antenna mount (stock location)
LED/Antenna light mounts
Baja Designs LEDs
ComeUp winches
Hidden winch mounts
Rear shock guards
U-joints
BlueSea fuse panel brackets
Body lift kits (1/2" and 1")
Tow points front and rear
Second row platform brackets
Creeper skid plates
Front skid plate (radiator to diff drop)

Probably missed a few things..... But as long as these continue to sell, we will continue to build.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom