Trail run Saturday 10 December (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd look at the Arizona Peace Trail. You can take it from Dateland north all the way to Lake Havasu if you want. Dateland to Salome on the trail would be a decent weekend trip.

Jim

You do realize the nights in Sedona, this time of year are below freezing. I'm not familiar with trails in that area. Too many tourists.
There is a trail I ran, many years ago that heads towards Sycamore wilderness from Sedona. You can take it all the way to Flagstaff

Trail sounds like Casner Mountain trail which is an APS trail to maintain power lines. That is a narrow trail between two wildernesses. Sycamore Canyon thinking has been a no off-road primitive area for forty years. Hunt unit 6B was where I hunted regularly many years and remember driving west on a trail that lead into Sycamore canyon. I turned around because sure I crossed into the wilderness. While we'll worn I do have a 1970 edition forest service map for Coconino National Forest. Would take a little research but up until the mid Eighties could take the Weatherford stagecoach road.

Last week temperatures have been above freezing at 7,000'. Last night dropped down to 15°. While above freezing it's been windy which makes it seem colder.

We had to get a gate key and permission to run it ten years ago

Sounds like Casner Mountain except today it's a code to open the gate at each end. It is also permit of one run pre week. Thinking May to October dates are the dates allowed. Believe the first club run was 2015.

Also note that in the entire western side of Sedona the FS has restricted camping to designated areas only and banned campfires. This is new as of earlier this year I think. I was up there at thanksgiving and there are no camping signs everywhere. The designated areas were a zoo.

Also note that in the entire western side of Sedona the FS has restricted camping to designated areas only and banned campfires. This is new as of earlier this year I think. I was up there at thanksgiving and there are no camping signs everywhere. The designated areas were a zoo.
So I guess just BLM, feds can’t mess that up…..yet!🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom