Trail Cuts & Maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like i'm out, some things came up tonight and the 3.5hr ride to gretchens in the morning ain't happenin, have fun guys,

NEA Trail Maint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From The NEA site -

6/04 swanzey work day

by dollafab » Mon May 16, 2011 5:49 pm
Date: Saturday June 4th

Time: Meet at 9:00 am, Roll at 9:30 am

Place: Dragon Palace
7 marlboro rd
troy nh

(its in the same plaza as the post office and sunoco)

We will be meeting at Dragon palace, but parking elsewhere so PLEASE be on time.

the Plan We will be doing multiple tasks, relocating a bridge, corduroy work etc and hopfully cutting some new stuff.

Please bring gloves, chainsaw, your rig, lunch, bugspray and WATER.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event will count as 5 points toward our new point system that will score you some super sweet prizes at the end of our season.

I would be there but my Fiance says I need to show up to my wedding...

If your planning on going please post up so I can shoot the NEA a number of members to expect.

Thanks,
Bob

Did you enjoy wheeling at Gretchen's? Pitch in to make it better! :) nea4wd.org • Login

Gretchens work weekend 10/8-9

Postby dollafab » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:55 pm
Date: Saturday and sunday 10/8-9

Time: Meet at 9:00 am. Im hoping to start a little earlier sunday with people camping.

Place: THE LEFT SIDE back field

Important Note: Stay off the main field and across from the bathouse

Please bring gloves, chainsaws, clippers, shovels, rakes, picks, pry bars, your rig, food for the number of days you will be there, and WATER/GATORADE. We also need at least one generator, two would be best. Two 1/2" corded drills and a second corded 1/2" impact. A couple hammers and tape measures.

Saturday: We will be working on a list of projects Gretchen wants done to the "campround". It includes pruning back some trees,dropping some trees, replaceing all the shower faucets, removing some rocks in the road through the field and installing an open top culvert to the back right field. There will be some people there with some equipment to handle moving the rocks and help with the culvert.

Sunday: We will address some drainage by the middle bridge, replace the broken boards on the bridge by the Bunghole and possibly cut a new moderate and extreme that are layed out.

Im also looking for 2-3 people who think they could lead a small group (3-6 people).

DELEGATES PLEASE RSVP HERE ANY POSSIBLE ATTENDEES.
This is very important as the NEA will provide a FREE BBQ dinner saturday evening. Also there will be free camping saturday night for those who can help sunday until at least 1:00 pm.

Thanks to all who can help out!!

by TexsDream77 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 pm
The South Shore Wheelers will be having an Earth Day Cleanup in Taunton, MA on Saturday April 14, 2012. We will be picking up large piles of debris that we didn't get to 2 years ago as well as a few small piles that have acumulated over the past 2 years. Any help with manpower will be graciously accepted.

I would like to again thank everyone that came out to help us with this in 2010. We had a huge task and we acomplished more than I had hoped for in a short amount of time. With the help of many NEA clubs members We picked up over 16,000lbs of garbage and about 1000 tires. USA Jeep Owners was HUGE in the success of the previous clean-up. They showed up with a huge crew (and huge trucks) and took on the task of the tire problem on Rocky Woods. The remaining task is not as big, but will still require some heavy trucks to get rid of the piles of debris. Most of the piles are not as easy to get to as the one's we got to last time.

Meeting at 8am Behind the McDonalds on Rt 44 in Taunton, MA: click here for MAP

Trail Rating: 1-2. Full Size trucks and or trailers can easily make it through most of one trail without issue. The other trail is slightly tighter, but has less debris on it.

The NEA is doing a trail cut/maintenance day March 24th @ the Summit in Western Mass.
If interested in volunteering please contact me.

Last edited:
Bringing this back to the top and as a sticky for this year.

Let's do some serious grunt work this year to keep our trails open.
I'm hoping to lead a trail maintenance day in early June for Carnage.
Would really like some support on this.

Bob

Looks like the NEA will be doing a trail maintenance day for Carnage on Sunday 5/19.
We will be at Gretchen's Saturday 5/18-5/19.
Gretchen's is very close to Carnage and I'm hoping that some may stick around the area Sunday and do some grunt work with me.
This property looks to be in danger of being closed if people don't step up and try to maintain it.

NEA moved it to 6/1. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it since it falls on my wedding anniversary.

There's a trail maintenance day scheduled for Carnage and Wayne's World on 8/24.

Would like to see some folks out at Carnage since we use it.

I believe there is another NEA work date coming up soon.

Will report back with the LMFT work date when it comes available.

I'm probably down for that, let me know where your camping.

I represented the club at F & F last weekend. We did some major bridge repair on Russ's Ridge and few other spots to help keep the green trails green. There was 8 people total from various clubs. It was a productive day. Trails are looking good for the season.

Upcoming work days and trail maintenance :
Summit- May 24th
Swanzey - June 8th

Last edited:
I represented the club at F & F last weekend. We did some major bridge repair on Russ's Ridge and few other spots to help keep the green trails green. There was 8 people total from various clubs. It was a productive day. Trails are looking good for the season.

Thanks for showing up and helping out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom