LMFT... Revisited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rain76king

Wicked Pissah Cruisah Haulah a NLC.
Threads
So I did meet with a LMFT rep this past weekend.
We walked the property to assess some of the areas of concern.

From what I gathered there are 2 real big issues out there.
One of them is trail maintenance.
Some of the main access roads are toast.
Waterbars are washed out and culverts are filled with soil.
This requires heavy equipment.

Some of you may or may not have known but there had been a guy out there from LMFT doing a lot of the trail work himself and keeping the property accessible to emergency vehicles with his own machinery.

It seems sometime this spring that someone decided to torch it.
The excavator is a complete loss and there is pretty much no bringing this thing back.
I had heard some rumbles that this was an insurance job but from what I was told the equipment had no insurance.

At this point I'm working with the NEA to see what we can do to prevent the closure of this property.
The NEA has a budget for this sort of work but it's going to be pricey. I'm guessing somewhere around 4-5k for heavy equipment costs.

The second issue was trash.
The trash consisted of mostly Bud Light cans.
This needs to be cleaned up and at some point in October it looks like the LMFT will be holding a trail clean up day.
I will keep the club posted as more info is available.

There are the other typical issues that come with any property
-trail braiding
-signage
-trail markings

The other well documented issues-
-Memberships
-Web site
-Day passes
-Memberships that were paid for but no acknowledgment
or sticker

I handed the rep a list of concerns that I have gathered over the past 3-4 months.
He asked for a few days and he would try his best to get all the answers and when he comes back with answers I will let you know.

This weekend I believe is a step in a positive direction.
The LMFT has been a property and a website with no face.
It was nice to finally meet with a person who has the same interest as us :steer: when it comes to keeping a property open.

Special thanks to Jr. for taking the time to run the property and share his input.

This thread will only have relevant questions.
Legitimate concerns.
Good ideas.
Positive remarks.

All else will be deleted by me:flipoff2:

image-1268097448.jpg

image-4024567535.jpg

image-3750440868.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the duplicate pictures above.

Seems to be an issue with the mobile ih8mud app.

image-4098927205.jpg

Bob,
Thank you for doing the legwork, I would be up for any trail maintenance or work to keep this place open

Bob,

I'm in agreement with Tom.
Keep us posted on the trail maintenance date.

Continuing to work with the LMFT.
Looks like the NEA is going to help finance some much needed trail repairs to the main access roads for emergency vehicles.

9/28 there will be a trail clean up at LMFT
Mostly small trash items and some trail maintenance.
I'm hoping that a few of you who have voiced concerns about theses trails might be able to make it.
We will also be utilizing this weekend to pre run some of the trails for Fall Gathering.

I will be there the entire weekend working.
If you can't make it Saturday come by Sunday.

This is not a NEA trail clean up, this is our club doing our share to keep trails open.
If anyone is interested in camping out for the weekend let me know, I haven't decided where I'm staying.

I'm probably down for that, let me know where your camping.

Bob,
I'm in for both days. I would also like to open up my house for anyone who is helping out and wishes to stay here, it's about a forty minute ride to Swanzey. Plenty of tent space if you wish to camp out, floor space if not.

Jr.

Going to try and make it, if I get the new rear diff installed in time.

Thanks guys, appreciate the effort in getting this done.
We have used these trails for a while and it will be nice to show the landowners that they are valued.

Bob,
I'm in for both days. I would also like to open up my house for anyone who is helping out and wishes to stay here, it's about a forty minute ride to Swanzey. Plenty of tent space if you wish to camp out, floor space if not.

Jr.

Ill take you up on this, heading up Friday after work, just me no rig so I will need a seat if there is an open one,
Tom

Excellent! Please note that my, brandF@#$%ingnew, phone tried to go for a swim this morning, it didn't work out very well, so I may be off line for the weekend.

Was that in the toilet bowl???:hillbilly:

Thanks for having me over and allowing me to stay at your place Jr.

The little work I did kicked my ass. I was falling asleep on the ride home. Age and weight are taking its toll

Thanks for coming out and helping Rick, I really appreciate it. I'm betting the fire side soda's had more to do with performance than anything.:cheers:
Had a good productive weekend with great friends! Thank you all for your help, and thanks Bob for getting stuff done!
Also, someone left their Merrill hiking boots here.
FG in T minus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom