Trail 42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Saturday I wanted to go with PYRO and company on the Desoto Mine run. But family comes first and I needed to drop my daughter off at Cheer camp at 8:30. On arrival I see a friend and ask them if they can pick my daughter up after camp- no problem. OK now I’m free for the day I want to wheel. ‘I’m off to meet PYRO and company, when I reached Hwy 51 & 101 it was 9:00. Change plans and headed for Trail 42. I dropped in from the Horseshoe lake side and headed for Bartlett. After picking my way past 50 bicyclist (adventure bike race on trail 42???) I come across a stock 98 Ford Exploder with 235 Michelin’s parked atop a hill. They stopped me and asked where the trail ended up I told them Bartlett. I explained to them there is some rough section ahead that could be tough. Ray with his wife, 14-year-old son, and stock Exploder (open) were game and wanted to try it and asked if they ran into trouble would I help. No problem it’s not my car. They did take the bypass (not that EZ) on the steep hill with all the big holes but other than that they ran it unassisted with no body damage or breakage. To say the least I was impressed. Trail 42 gets a 3 to 4 rating depending on who’s rating it. I think 4 is too high but I would not recommend it to a stock SUV.

Phil

Kinda sounds like the Telegraph Line trail. Were you in the 80? Cause if you were maybe it was a good idea you didn't come out to Desoto, I mean you wouldn't have wanted to scratch that pretty thing!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom