TRAGIC NEWS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A horrible loss for Cruiser community. My heart goes out to his family and may he RIP.

Tons of good times to remember..he will be missed

1574102404456.png

This was just sent out to those in TRAL, but any are welcome and encouraged to attend:

Hello everyone,

As a follow-up to my last email, what follows is the details for November 30th.

We will be meeting at Cottonwood Camp in the Four Peaks area at 10am. Google calls this Stewart’s Camp for some reason, but they are the same location.

Several years ago, back when Kevin was the president of Copperstate Cruisers, he organized a cleanup of Cottonwood Camp. He continued that tradition with TRAL’s involvement in the Four Peaks Cleanup every year and several of us feel that this is a great location to meet up, socialize, exchange stories, and remember Kevin and his superlative contributions to our lives.

TRAL will be providing lunch and I’m told there will be an abundance of power discs (that’s the proper term for cookies, as you may recall).

From there we will be able to branch out and go wheeling, but please don’t feel an obligation. This event is welcome to anyone and everyone who would like to come out.

To help make sure we have enough food for everyone, we ask you to please take a moment of your time to RSVP at the link below.

Memorial Gathering for Kevin Patterson

Thank you all and I hope to see you there.

Richard

I'll always remember Kevin like this.

Kevin.jpg

Wow, out of the loop for the last month or 2 and just learned . . . . thanks @DSRTRDR for the heads up.
Kevin was one of the first local people that reached out and embraced the FJ Cruiser's birth into the Toyota 4x4 legacy when others were finding ways to separate it from the Land Cruiser lineage. He is majorly responsible for me having the proud association to this club and culture that I do today.
He was a true one of a kind classic and I feel very fortunate to have been able to ride in his wake for a period of time.

Peace and Strength to Sue, Rob, John, and all that were close to him.

CM 10 n Pre Trip 104.jpg

Since I was looking, here are a couple more of Kevin doing what he loved . . . .

Taking great pictures . . . and rescuing Canandians (too much JDM driverside)

CM 10 n Pre Trip 256.jpg

CM 10 n Pre Trip 421.jpg

Hello everyone,

What follows is a couple more details about 11/30/19.

First, my apologies for so many messages. As we continue to work on details for this, it becomes clear that there is always more information to give.

Several have asked me about any kind of go fund me or other ways to donate in Kevin’s name. This is in the works and I will be sure to give details for this when I have them.

As part of our common goal to leave the outdoors cleaner than we found it, a few of us will be getting to Cottonwood Camp at 8am the morning of, to pick up trash. If anyone would like to show up for this, please feel free to join us.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of Kevin they would like to contribute, we will set them up either in some sort of collage or a photo album for anyone else to look through at the event. Those pictures can be sent to info@tralaz.org

Thank you,

Richard

This is the hardest post I have ever made. Kevin Patterson passed away early yesterday. I will post more info as I learn it about services etc. We may organize a memorial run at some time in the future.
I have lost my best friend and business partner for the last 8 years. And the Land Cruiser world has lost a GIANT!

Just got back to the town and heard this sad news. Still remember Kevin and you, John helped to replace the timing belt for my LX470. He will be missed.

To help make sure we have enough food for everyone, we ask you to please take a moment of your time to RSVP at the link below.

Memorial Gathering for Kevin Patterson

Thank you all and I hope to see you there.

Tried to RSVP using the link. However, there is a banner saying "Test Mode"
1574700888667.png

On the check-out page, it asked for credit card. However, tried with the actual credit card # which got declined. It turned out you have to use their testing card # under "TEST Mode", which you may find on Testing | Stripe Payments

I used "4242 4242 4242 4242" to get it done.

Tried to RSVP using the link. However, there is a banner saying "Test Mode"
View attachment 2141974

On the check-out page, it asked for credit card. However, tried with the actual credit card # which got declined. It turned out you have to use their testing card # under "TEST Mode", which you may find on Testing | Stripe Payments

I used "4242 4242 4242 4242" to get it done.

Should be fixed now, thanks for letting us know.

I look forward to seeing you all this Saturday. My understanding is his rig will be there driven by his wife. I believe @richardlillard1 and @inkpot have put some time into touching it up. Thanks gents.

Zona

I was at the Spa today wrenching with the boys to get it ready for Saturday

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My apologies for yet another message, but what follows is a few more details.

After discussing with his wife, Sue, I now have an update for those who have asked about how to go about making donations in Kevin’s name.

For anyone interested in making a donation in Kevin’s memory, the family desires that donations go to TRAL. Donations will be used for a physical memorial dedicated to Kevin and beyond that, to the TRAL projects and programs he was so passionate about.

You can make your donations through the “donate” button on the TRAL website. Please leave a note that includes “Kevin Patterson Memorial Fund” when you donate this way. We will also have a donation box at the memorial event on November 30th.

Because we know google is not always the clearest, Rich Smith was kind enough to draft up this map to help anyone who might have additional questions about how to get to Cottonwood Camp.

I’ve also had a few people inquire about weather, which we’ve all been keeping a close eye on. As of right now it is projected to rain Thursday and Friday. This might leave things out there a bit wet, but nothing we aren’t accustomed to in our common love of the outdoors.

A couple big thank yous to Mark Montijo for helping John Bricker and I make sure Kevin’s Land Cruiser is good for his wife to drive on Saturday and to Evan Rowland, who sent me an email this afternoon to let me know he went out to Cottonwood Camp and picked up pretty much all of the trash out there today.

And I would also like to extend a huge thank you to every single one of you for your continued patience, support, and assistance with everything. Please have a safe and happy thanksgiving.

Richard

5A5DF036-5C07-438C-8DDA-7D41719537B2.jpeg

I know Saturday might be a bit of a challenge for some to fit in, I’m hoping that people can make their way out to the event no matter how late.

I know Saturday might be a bit of a challenge for some to fit in, I’m hoping that people can make their way out to the event no matter how late.

Thanks Steve!
It's a time to come together and heal.
@Saddletramp - I'm reminded of the good times we had at CSC climbing New River Mesa with you, Kevin and John, Claudia and Michael, @Hitit66, Tony and Melissa and Juan. I hated that road, so did Kevin. I don't think he ever ran it again. What a view at the end!

I hope you all can make it.

--Trent

DSC04852.JPG

DSC04846.JPG
DSC04859.JPG

we haven't been back up there since, either :lol:

Some of us had planned to show up early at 8am to clean up the area but someone beat us to it, so we won't be doing that. We'll see those of you attending at 10am tomorrow.

QUOTE="Saddletramp, post: 12736667, member: 11740"]
I’m planning on gassing up at Baja gas station and departing from there at 930 if any other CSC folks are interested
[/QUOTE]
I will look to meet you at Baja at 930 am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom