Tractor Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ace10 a what Hp tractor are your inning for your cat 2 hitch?

our European flail mower has a wonky setup as well so I run one pin on the outside of the frame and one on the inside.

My Deere 5625 is 99hp. Way more machine than I need, but the used market is really strange in that the 4XXX machines with hydrostat drives trade hands for similar money as 5XXX machines. And there's no comparison in terms of power and weight.

What brand is your flail and what do you run it on? I got my Ferri on a last minute close out deal, so I didn't do much research on it. Generally decent, but working on it is a bitch and parts are awfully spendy. I should have replaced the blades over this winter, but maybe I can sneak by another season. Another s***ty job postponed.

Other than a grapple what other implements or attachments do you guys suggest? I've heard a box blade is very useful. What about a tooth edge for the bucket? EA makes a highly reviewed tooth bar that I'm thinking about. I have to replace a good number of my fence posts so I've also been thinking about a posthole digger. Read about PTO driven as well as hydraulic. My tractor has ~7 gpm of flow at 2400 psi so it should be able to run a hydraulic auger.

The guys over at Tractorbynet (TractorByNet Forums - https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/) are who you should talk to about getting setup with compact tractors. Outline the tasks you want to accomplish and they'll steer you in the right direction.

From tractor research prior to moving to NM, I can recommend the following:

The Ratchet Rake gets a lot of praise for being able to back drag your bucket and rip out roots which is tougher to do with a standard tooth bar: Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, Home fire safety, Fire prevention, John Deere, skid steer attachment, tractor implement - https://www.ratchetrake.com/rake_sizing.shtml

Post hole diggers don't work too well on sub-compact tractors, but your Kioti may have enough ground clearance. Check first. You may want to rent or borrow the PHD because they tend to be implements that you use once then never again. Be careful around augers. I met a girl once who got her arm caught in an auger, wasn't pretty.

Box blades are for moving material but they can be difficult to use properly without hydraulic top n tilt. A land leveler with scarfiers is better for smoothing the land and driveways and is easier to use because it self-levels.

The grapple will probably be your best all around tool for moving materials. EA is where it's at for getting a new one.

Now you need a dump trailer to move materials and your compact tractor. Can your truck tow it? Now you need an F350...

We're great at spending your money!

Yeah I'm over on TBN but I like you guys better. :love: I got about a 1000 linear feet of wire fencing I need to repair and replace the posts on and I like to take my time. I also have a low attention span and tend to jump around from project to project so I'd like to get something on hand I can use when I feel like it. I have been looking at trailers. I like this aluminum one with deck boards. It only weighs 1600 pounds so the Tacoma will tow it easily. A dump trailer would be nice as well but those things are heavy and pretty expensive. I'll have to wait for the new Tundra before I think about that.

You will want a tooth bar to dig dirt. I have no suggestions Burl has the BXpanded Parana and really likes it. I am probably going to build one from teeth and steal stock. Can’t see spending 3-4 bills on one right now. I can build one for $150. But I do like the idea of the BXpanded one because you can cut down sapling and brush at ground level.

I finished my fork attachment
72FF99EF-1AA3-4666-AA34-368E6678E501.jpeg
083D59E7-79A1-445B-A386-35D04B85D528.jpeg

If you are doing post hole replacement honestly just get a toe strap use your bucket pull them straight Outta the ground take another post Replacement and bang down with a sledgehammer tweak it a little bit to level it up and go to the next one if you’re doing post holes for the first time yes get a post hole digger otherwise just use what you got I would suggest for implements get a good back blade a rake a bush hog or maybe a finish mower depending on what you intend to use it for other than that look for A good set of bucket hooks and a ripper blade for the front edge of your bucket if you intend to do dirt work

With the backhoe attachment you are not going to be switching out implements easily at all

Got some work done with the tractor this afternoon. Dug up a huge azalea and replanted it, dug up 2 junipers I've been meaning to get rid of and pulled up this wood rack. If anyone wants these beefy wood racks let me know. I got one this size and one a little smaller.

PXL_20210326_224136941.jpg
PXL_20210326_204802133.jpg

Installed the EA Wicked tooth bar. This thing is beefy. Half inch Hardox 450 steel. Looking forward to digging out some over grown areas of my yard.

PXL_20210503_001723388.jpg

That is a nice addition to any bucket that has to push into VA clay soil.

No doubt! Yesterday I helped dig out an overgrown infield dirt box for the local Little League. Would have been nice if I got the tooth bar Saturday instead of Sunday afternoon. :bang:

Before.
20210502_120848.jpg

After
20210502_132431.jpg

Took me and 2 other guys about an hour and half to get it done. I had to get in there with the back hoe to loosen it up a bit before using the loader to dig it out.

I was looking at the Bexpanded tooth bar but have not pulled the trigger yet. Waiting on a project the wife wants done. It’s easier if she wants the project done!

You will want a tooth bar to dig dirt. I have no suggestions Burl has the BXpanded Parana and really likes it. I am probably going to build one from teeth and steal stock. Can’t see spending 3-4 bills on one right now. I can build one for $150. But I do like the idea of the BXpanded one because you can cut down sapling and brush at ground level.

I finished my fork attachment
View attachment 2616483View attachment 2616484
do you want to build another one? lol I need to do the same just haven't done it yet. the bucket forks I have work ok but not for heavy stuff.

I’ve got a little BX2370. Love it. Only implements are front loader, mowing deck, and rear snow blower. I definitely want a simple blade. We don’t get enough snow to justify the blower but when I got it a few years ago there was a 2 implement free deal if you got the loader. Definitely wish I had the back hoe ... but I still love it. I had to evict it out of the garage for the blue fox though...

do you want to build another one? lol I need to do the same just haven't done it yet. the bucket forks I have work ok but not for heavy stuff.
I would if I didn’t have so much more to work on around the house. I was lucky to have most of the steal. Had to buy the 1/2” plate for the rails. I’m happy with them they will lift more than the tractor can.

That one thing I wish I would have gotten. May still get one.

Does anyone know of a local hydraulic hose shop that might have a right angle coupler to replace this straight through one? On full curl back that hose hits the grapple. Looks like it's two different sizes on either end.

PXL_20210817_221811616.jpg

That one thing I wish I would have gotten. May still get one.

Yeah I can already see that this is what's going to stay on the loader for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom