Tractor Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a trailer I can borrow tomorrow or Saturday? It'd be used to carry a ~3500 pound load from McMichaels in Warrenton to Burke. I'd be using my Tacoma to tow it so it couldn't be a super heavy duty trailer like some of you have.

Probably a car hauler type because of the weight. I'm picking up a compact tractor.

Mine sits here looking for action. Set up for a 2” ball. All the straps and D rings are with it to do what you need. It’s probably a 2400lb aluminum 18’ flat deck car trailer so you are well within Taco towing range putting 3500 lbs on it. 6800 is what my 2014 is rated for and I’ve pushed that successfully towing a forty many times. Text me if you want to set it up so I see it quicker.

Worked out great. Many thanks Jeff!

PXL_20210312_214519837.jpg

So have you dug up the lawn yet?
Are those forks or a grapple?

A little. Started with pushing my 8 year pile of leaves back and then dug a hole with the backhoe just for fun. The real work will start today. They're the Titan forks. I want to get the EA 55" grapple but they're 12 weeks out on orders.

Here's the setup. Its a Kioti CX2510 with R14 tires. I also got a 9" bucket along with the 12" for the backhoe. 3rd function valve installed for a future grapple. Rear tires filled.

PXL_20210312_223825889.jpg

Nice looking tractor! How many Hp? The grapple would be nice - I’ve never had one so I’m jealous!

That's a nice size for light utility work.

I have a couple of attachments from EA. Decent stuff for the money. I'm using Cat 2 on my Deere, so everything is pricey, just less so as compared to the brand names.

These guys makes some good stuff, too.

Probably will outlast my beat-to-crap Bobcat.

Last edited:
EA makes some good attachments.
We have their land plane and it hold up well.

I run the 8' of this one for the lane

Didn't love it until I got a top n tilt setup. Then it was totally GTG. Short of backing it into a tree, I don't see it ever breaking.

Still can't get off the fence choosing a quick attach. The Delta Hook is the one I want, but I've gotten by this long and don't want to drop the dough.

Last edited:
Get a John Deere imatch Quick hitch or the cheap copy from HF. You can just switch out the pins on your implements one time and done with it.

I've looked into that style and they're perfect for nearly everything in the smaller sizes, but the specs can be way off on Cat 2. My flail mower is Italian (Ferri) and the geometry is not even close to my other stuff. That's why I've been focused on the plate style hookups.

I absolutely loathe changing implements. Even with these quick hitches, you still gotta get in there to do the PTO hookup, which simply sucks.

This one is the absolute shizz.

Get a John Deere imatch Quick hitch or the cheap copy from HF. You can just switch out the pins on your implements one time and done with it.

Are most implements' pins spaced the same distance apart? Looks like AgriSupply has one as well as Rural King. I don't have any implements yet but thinking about getting a King Kutter 54" tiller. This tractor with the R14s is just over 50" wide so the 48-50 inch tillers won't cover the tracks. And I don't want to deal with an offset tiller if I can help it.

If you stay within the mainstream brands and buy new, then there should be 90-95% compatibility in terms of the geometry. Speaking of Cat 0 and Cat 1.

Things get wonky with larger, older and foreign stuff.

If you go with the Imatch style and down the road find somthing that doesn't fit, you could move the pickup points on the implement. Not ideal, but that's how people deal with it.

Pat's quick hitch solves the quickhookup issue on the lower links. You've just on the hook (so to speak) for the top link connection and pto. Generally, you can adjust the lower links and/or move the implement to get it all lined up with something like Pat's.

My neighbor behind me uses an imatch for his implements on his 4XXX Deere. Cat 1. Everything is compatible except his snowblower. Since it's used offseason, he simply removes the quickhitch and leaves the blower on for 2 or 3 months.

@ace10 a what Hp tractor are your inning for your cat 2 hitch?

our European flail mower has a wonky setup as well so I run one pin on the outside of the frame and one on the inside.

The Imatch does what we need and you only need to put a bushing over your existing pins. You can use the generic ones from Tractor supply and you are only out $32
That works out well if you are sharing implements between farms/users
Top links need to be adjusted so unless you have a hydraulic top link just adjust as you need it.
You will find everything except bush hogs ( self adjusting top link) or snow plows are almost all going to run a neutral top link position, it's a industry standard and you can just screw in or out the top link a few turns to where your implement needs to be.
Another thing to hook up PTO shafts is to grease the shafts. I see dry PTO shafts all the time and it makes it really difficult to get them on and off. Also carry a s 12" crow bar and a dead blow hammer in the cab to assist in getting them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom