Track bar relocation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have any insight on relocating front track bar after installing high steer? Should I try to keep the track bar the same length and angle of the drag link.?

Hellfire high steer finally installed with some prefabbed brackets from Ruff Stuff I finally got it all in place without anything bumping each other. If I had it to do over again I might have stuck with factory for a while.
IMG_8928.JPG
IMG_8929.JPG
IMG_8624.JPG

Same length and angle would be ideal. But they wont be the same length so you can optimize the lateral misalignment of the track bar relative to the drag link by running it at a slightly different angle. It depends, basically.

If you give me these 5 measurements I can tell you the proper height from the ground:

1) ground to ball center of drag link end on knuckle

2) ground to ball center of drag link end on pitman arm

3) ground to center of frame bolt on track bar

4) length of track bar from bolt to bolt

5) length of drag link from ball center to ball center

It seems to be performing well. I was even able to eliminate the steering dampener.

Lol you should have mentioned this in your other thread about your mystery vibration.

Maybe if you guys don't have anything constructive to say about the vibration or a words of advice for building track bar brackets you could go jerk each other off on your own private page perhaps.?

Because he just swapped the knuckles and changed the steering. Maybe he did something wrong during the install of knuckles.

Maybe if you guys don't have anything constructive to say about the vibration or a words of advice for building track bar brackets you could go jerk each other off on your own private page perhaps.?

Here’s something constructive, you wasted your money on that steering setup and gained nothing you asshat.

I was gonna compute the ideal track bar location based on polar geometry etc - wtf bro chill out. I dont think the vibration was related which is why i asked homie 'why'

Chill out

When you spend $900 on drive shafts only to find out thats not the issue and ask for help from other people who have the same hobby only to get heckled about your welding it is frustrating.

When you spend $900 on drive shafts only to find out thats not the issue and ask for help from other people who have the same hobby only to get heckled about your welding it is frustrating.
All experts were once beginners bruh

One time Nukegoat said my welds looked like herpes and I turned out fine. You'll be okay, I promise.

One time Nukegoat said my welds looked like herpes and I turned out fine. You'll be okay, I promise.
Except for the herpes. And I have had failures of suspension brackets that I have welded. It sucked

Point taken. Kind of a sore subject since I had another guy weld it because he was a "professional".

Point taken. Kind of a sore subject since I had another guy weld it because he was a "professional".
Might be totally fine. I really cant tell but it just looked a little backyard fab

@pufft - I’m curious about why you did the high steer set up.

When I lifted it I had a crazy bump steer issue. I though the high steer would put everything back up inline to stop it; well it didn't. After some research I found out it was the rear panhard bar angle that was causing the bump steer. I bought a Delta panhard riser for the rear and that stopped the bump steer.

LIGHTEN-UP.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom