toyota transmission and transfer case identification help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Image 1

IMG-20180102-WA0056.jpg

Do you know whoch l series is it?
Thanks dor your help
Dude, my crystal ball and xray eyes are not working very well. From that pic I'm lucky to know it was an L-series (integrated bellhousing). The rest is up to you. Do a little Google, and start with one simple question. Is it a 4-speed or a 5-speed? That should give you a 50-50 chance all by itself.

What does the pink writing on the bellhousing say? Might answer your question.

It says toyota pickup its a 5 speed manual tranny i think its a l52 and its pain in the ass there a pilot bearing problem in all l52 tranny ! Thank you man for your help ! The transfer case is it good to buy ?

It says toyota pickup its a 5 speed manual tranny i think its a l52 and its pain in the ass there a pilot bearing problem in all l52 tranny ! Thank you man for your help ! The transfer case is it good to buy ?
It's not the pilot bearing that is the issue. It's the input bearing. If you can get the number off the bearing you should be able to conclusively determine L50 vs. L52.

Okey thank you a lot for your help .
So the transmission is weak ! What about the transfer case do you advise ms to buy it ?

If you need a transfer case, or want to use it to double up, it would be worth purchasing. I don't think that case changed through the years..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom