Toyota Tercel wagon-FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a 1983 Toyota Tercel wagon in our local paper-CHEAP!
I am a newbie (sorry no pics yet) to the FJ's but was wondering if there is anything on the Tercel wagons that I may want to use for my 1975 (Feb manuf). If it wasnt so cheap I wouldnt be asking but thought, hmmmm, maybe this might be something to look at. Thanks in advance for advice. Forgot to mention that it is 4 wheel drive also, how about the power steering, would this work?

I've heard about people using Tercel power steering pumps mounted where the 2F's air pump was. I don't know what years work, though.

I have saved a lot of spare metric bolts from my '76 Celica.

The air pump and old Passenger mounted pumps have very different bolt spacing. On a rare occasion I hit up the local pick and pull and grab some toyota car parts. There is not much mechanically you'd want, but there are a lot of similarities between cruisers and old toys with respect to interior and exterior parts. I am not familiar with which years of tercels, but some of the early 1980's ones use the same side marker lights found on some 40's and 55's. Toyota Corona's have a few parts in common with 55's, and some of the early 1970's pickups have parts in common with 40's.

So with the tercel, I'd bet marker lights and some door parts are all that are in common.

Lift the Tercel and wheel it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom