TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally a use for SF axle shafts that your wife will love...🤣

PXL_20231024_214407704.jpg

IMG_5402.jpeg

Back at home for the first time since April 18th. Excellent bodywork done by Richard out past Sooke. I can PM you his info if you need a body guy.
ICBC gave me 11,300 and the car to repair. Cost to repair was about 5,800 leaving about 5,500 in change for my trouble.

Is that a 6 cyl or 4 cyl? Mechanical? I like it, trying to imagine better wheels and tires on it.

Is that a 6 cyl or 4 cyl? Mechanical? I like it, trying to imagine better wheels and tires on it.

15B-FT Megacruiser engine. Pinnacle of the B series. 4.1 litre big four. Four valves per cylinder. Direct injection turbo. Mechanical injection. Very highly regarded engines.

So MLS head gasket and boost that puppy! I like it, comfy interior.

So MLS head gasket and boost that puppy! I like it, comfy interior.

MLS comes OEM on these motors. Pretty much on all Toyota turbo motors after 1990 AFAIK... More boost would be fun tho!

I like that it's fiberglass shell, and actually the interior layout is pretty good. Rare to have enough beds for a family.

Can't even get a straight up fiberglass 1999+ camper trailer in Canada for $25k never mind on a Toyota diesel cabover!

Designed exclusively for organizations like the United Nations, civilians can’t even buy one​

Powering the new GDJ76 from Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings is the 1GD-FTV engine, a 2.8-liter four-cylinder diesel mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. This is where the major improvements are – according to TGS, fuel economy is up 30 percent from the prior six-cylinder 1HZ, and power is up from 129 horsepower to 201 hp as well. Emissions have gone down 30 percent, and that allows the GDJ76 to meet Euro4 emissions standards, necessary to operate in some of the nations the truck will serve in.

GDJ76_UNVersion.jpg
GDJ76_UNVersion_2.jpg

That’s hardly anything. I’ve had more than 1200 lbs in my 40 and it only sinks 3/4”.

No wonder you have a bad back. :flipoff2:

I have emu heavies in the 60, and 1000lbs of pellets dropped it a good inch or more, and it's still too stiff for my liking.

These are just half ton springs so it rides nice. They weren't fully down on the bumps, just as it lurched over lumps in the yard. Plan is to add airbags, just haven't got there yet.

Good and bad thing about pellets. You know exactly how much weight you're moving. 3 tons of them yesterday...fun times.

No wonder you have a bad back. :flipoff2:

I have emu heavies in the 60, and 1000lbs of pellets dropped it a good inch or more, and it's still too stiff for my liking.

These are just half ton springs so it rides nice. They weren't fully down on the bumps, just as it lurched over lumps in the yard. Plan is to add airbags, just haven't got there yet.

Good and bad thing about pellets. You know exactly how much weight you're moving. 3 tons of them yesterday...fun times.
60 would ride better with a bit of weight in it. The BOSS airbags are really easy cheap install. I got mine from the
45 land cruiser dude who lives down by Pismo Beach.

60 would ride better with a bit of weight in it. The BOSS airbags are really easy cheap install. I got mine from the
45 land cruiser dude who lives down by Pismo Beach.
Yeah I'd like to pull a leaf to lower the 60 an inch back there, but it's pretty low on the priority list.

I've been eyeballing the various generic airbag setups, something for a small pickup should be adaptable.

Buuuut it's a carts and horses thing...need air first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom