Toyota Altimeter/Compass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here the details for the overhead compass/altimeter stock version Toyota:

altimeter.gif

For the guys who asked for details. :cheers:

Mike

Am I missing something?
I cannot see any details or any pics (same in other two postings by AsiaRider!)

Lal

Sorry !!!!

Mike

Mike- If you can, please post some detailed shots of the rear A/C system (all vents, front/rear controls, compressor, etc.) Thanks!

Lal,

Do you have some settings turned off? I'm not having any issues seeing the pics.

Ali

I can see the scanned outline TLC80 pics + parts.
I was looking for a real digi pic of what it looks like inside?

Lal

Here's mine:

My altimeter and compass. Check the altitude.

I like the pics. CruiserDan is that Toyota OEM?
Eriv - where are u at with that alitude?

Lal

Yes it is.

is this a stock toyota unit ? where can I get one ? :D

Colorado, Imogene Pass! I was in the 91 and the EFI had no problems. My friend in his 40 was having all kinds of problems with his carb.

Dan,

What's involved with acquiring and installing one of those overhead units? I assume there's a electronic box somewhere else in teh vehicle?

Ali

Ali,

It is very involved and VERY expensive. There are over a thousand dollars worth of parts alone.
There is a magnetic field sensor that must be installed in the roof and the US roof has no provision so one must be fabbed. In adition, the sunvisors must be heavily modified to clear the console and a multiple wire harness must be built to travel between the magnetic field sensor and the compass.
It is indeed a novelty but I would not do another myself.

D-

06Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Hey kids! You can have the Asia-spec altimeter right now in EBay. Current bid price is US$1.00 . Hurry though, bidding ends at 7:15pm today, California time.

Here's a pic:

Drexx,

that is not the right part. This one comes out of a 90 LC Prado and is dash mounted. I don't think that it can fit any LC 80.

Mike

saw a GPS on sale today at $49. Has a built-in compass and altimeter... :D Plus the usual.
Eric

Eric,
Where did you see the $49 unit for sale? What brand? I'm looking for one to use in the pig need speedo cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom