Toyota 3b Diaphragm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you just need the leather diaphragm.

Not sure.

I wrote a small guide on how to do this on a 2H.. same same for 3B - you're probably more than capable but if you're wondering what to expect:

You keep the leather conditioned with neatsfoot oil.
Found somewhere in the manual.

I wrote a small guide on how to do this on a 2H.. same same for 3B - you're probably more than capable but if you're wondering what to expect:

much appreciated. Would it be the same as to where I can leave the pump on the engine block?

Yes.. you should be able to leave the pump mounted.. no need to remove it to change the diaphragm on a 3B.

I changed my 3B diaphragm on my BJ42 while restoring the body panels. So all the body panel was removed.

Even with plenty of space I found that task not easy. I recalled telling to myself that it should be a PITA on a pump/engine into an engine bay with all the stuff around.

Small hands and small fingers will be more than helpful !

Last edited:
bitch of a job on a 70 with the 3b in the truck, pretty much need a little mirror to see WTF is going on, and the damn cotter pin is brutal, you will need to learn how to contort your hand (and head) to do it but i dont recommend pulling the motor or pump though, prob more of a hassle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom