Toyo Open Country A/T III - Availibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My experience with the 275 65 18 SL rated has been the opposite. The tires look Much less aggressive than the E rated ones much to my chagrin. However there’s no noise at speed nor do I get any comments. It’s a trade off.

Do you notice any different when it comes to fuel economy and braking? I couldn’t justify the trade off if braking distance is significantly impacted because the truck’s braking to be quite squishy in stock form.
Fuel economy is going down slowly (just watching the avg. mpg on-screen), it was approximately 13 around town with the Dunlap's and now down to 12.8 and going..........

As far as braking is concerned, I drive it like the 6k lb. vehicle it is, slowly and deliberately so I haven't noticed any decrease in braking overall, be it effort or ability. I suppose it would be interesting to have the braking performance tested before and after but I just don't drive it aggressively enough to notice any difference. But again, I love how the new tires changed the overall appearance and was complimented again yesterday at a BBQ on the "big aggressive tires". :)

If anyone is interested here is how my spare came from Amazon via UPS a couple of months ago…

I haven’t a clue how this managed to happen. If you’re getting yours in the mail, check them before you accept delivery!

2481AE1F-C40D-4B41-86D5-332B13D0080E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom