Toyo Open Country A/T III - Availibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thoughts on doing this vs using somewhere prolific like Discount + getting certificates for tire damage.. so that if you have problems somewhere you are likely to be covered?
I buy tire certs (warranty) at discount tire every single time. The lava rock here can shred tires and their replacement policy has more than paid for the cost of the certs and sometimes the whole set of tires over time for me.

OA

need some advise, as I think I made a mistake in my order.

I thought all the Toyo AT3 were E rated LT tires , but in stock size (285/60R18) for the 200 they make a XL tire. 95% of my use is on road, main off-road use will be sandy beach in NC and easy to intermediate trails out west a couple weeks a year.

so 2 questions,

1/given my use do I even need an LT tire?
2/does AT tire in load XL give any real advantage off road?

thanks.

I thought all the Toyo AT3 were E rated LT tires , but in stock size (285/60R18) for the 200 they make a XL tire. 95% of my use is on road, main off-road use will be sandy beach in NC and easy to intermediate trails out west a couple weeks a year.

so 2 questions,

thanks.
You'll be fine on XL load tires. More than enough capacity for the 200 and appropriate for your uses. Es would be overkill if you're most on-road.

so 2 questions,

thanks.

Agreed with above and it might have been fortuitous.

Switching to an AT tire model alone will get you the majority part of increased off-road capability and durability. Load Range and LT plays a smaller part in that equation. XL will have plenty of payload overhead for your use. While maintaining a better ride to boot.

Agreed with above and it might have been fortuitous.

Switching to an AT tire model alone will get you the majority part of increased off-road capability and durability. Load Range and LT plays a smaller part in that equation. XL will have plenty of payload overhead for your use. While maintaining a better ride to boot.

thanks. Appreciate your thoughts. Will stop freaking out about it now.

You'll be fine on XL load tires. More than enough capacity for the 200 and appropriate for your uses. Es would be overkill if you're most on-road.

thanks, appreciate it.

I disagree with your take on the Defender LTXs. They don't look great (which is why I have Toyo AT3s on my 200 and Wildpeaks on my 100), but the Defenders are a superior highway tire to the other 2 and they are a superior snow tire to both. They aren't as good offroad, I agree, but with 90% pavement use, they are probably the best choice of the 3.

I disagree with your take on the Defender LTXs. They don't look great (which is why I have Toyo AT3s on my 200 and Wildpeaks on my 100), but the Defenders are a superior highway tire to the other 2 and they are a superior snow tire to both. They aren't as good offroad, I agree, but with 90% pavement use, they are probably the best choice of the 3.
They're definitely a superior road tire, since they are a road tire. They are not designed to provide additional traction off road, or in winter conditions.

As you I do mostly beach driving outside normal commute. I wanted a better quality ride and a more quiet ride so I went with SL load Toyo at3 275/65r18. Overall perfect from all sides but noise which sounds a little like mud terrain tires hum. My previous K02 were much more quiet. Maybe higher load would be more quiet?????

As you I do mostly beach driving outside normal commute. I wanted a better quality ride and a more quiet ride so I went with SL load Toyo at3 275/65r18. Overall perfect from all sides but noise which sounds a little like mud terrain tires hum. My previous K02 were much more quiet. Maybe higher load would be more quiet?????

did you end up keeping your silver LC or did you get the one in your profile pic? I recall us chatting about your silver one a while back.

They're definitely a superior road tire, since they are a road tire. They are not designed to provide additional traction off road, or in winter conditions.
Having run all 3 tires this winter (4 if you count the stock Dunlops that came on my 2021 LC), they absolutely are superior to the other 2 in winter conditions. Toyos are next, Falkens are 3rd, but 2 and 3 are tight. The stock Dunlops are so far distant in 4th they can't even see the others.

I started this thread a couple weeks back so circling back now. I went with 275/70r18. Cancelled my tire rack order after I was able to source locally at Discount Tire. When I ordered I was told by the manager that they only had 16 of these tires left in their entire system. I don't have enough mileage on these yet for a thorough review. They are not quiet, per se, but I do not find them terribly loud either. No rubbing so far, completely stock set up but need more mileage to rule it out entirely.

20210308_174310.jpg

I started this thread a couple weeks back so circling back now. I went with 275/70r18. Cancelled my tire rack order after I was able to source locally at Discount Tire. When I ordered I was told by the manager that they only had 16 of these tires left in their entire system. I don't have enough mileage on these yet for a thorough review. They are not quiet, per se, but I do not find them terribly loud either. No rubbing so far, completely stock set up but need more mileage to rule it out entirely.

View attachment 2609687
Yeah, I noticed they were marginally louder on the highway above 70 mph vs stock but I don't notice that anymore. The Toyos are great tires.

View attachment 2609687

The Toyo Open Country A/T III tires in that size are the LT-Metric LT275/70R18 Load Range E tires. Only because the tires in your pic look a little underinflated, I offer the following:

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure (RCTIP) for those LT275/70R18/E tires on your LC200 is 41psi F/R.

Since it's almost impossible to judge tire pressure by looks alone, if you're already at the RCTIP of 41psi, then great. If not, hope you find the info helpful.

The Toyo Open Country A/T III tires in that size are the LT-Metric LT275/70R18 Load Range E tires. Only because the tires in your pic look a little underinflated, I offer the following:

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure (RCTIP) for those LT275/70R18/E tires on your LC200 is 41psi F/R.

Since it's almost impossible to judge tire pressure by looks alone, if you're already at the RCTIP of 41psi, then great. If not, hope you find the info helpful.
Thank you. I agree they look a little light but they are at 41 PSI. You had posted this in another thread which is why I had them put at 41.

Thank you. I agree they look a little light but they are at 41 PSI. You had posted this in another thread which is why I had them put at 41.

Great! Thanks for the feedback - never hurts to check 👍

if using the 285 60 R18 (XL) Toyo AT3, do I need to adjust tire pressure? Thanks.

If you are asking about the Toyo Open Country A/T III in ISO-Metric size 285/60R18 XL 120S for use on your 2021 LC200, then:

The RCTIP for those 285/60R18 XL 120S tires on your LC200 is 33psi F/R.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom