Toyo Open Country A/T III - Availibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

foolforthecity

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone been able to purchase this tire in 2021? I have tried multiple local outfits and none of them are able to source these in the size I need - 275/70R18. I tried the local Toyota dealer and one of the largest independent tire shops in the country and still no luck.

I just put that exact tire on last week. Discount Tire had to order them from Toyo. Took about a week to get them.

Has anyone been able to purchase this tire in 2021? I have tried multiple local outfits and none of them are able to source these in the size I need - 275/70R18. I tried the local Toyota dealer and one of the largest independent tire shops in the country and still no luck.
I installed AT3 in the stock size a couple of weeks ago. Discount tire had them available in less than a week.

OA

Not the same size but Discount Tire was able to get my 285/70R17 AT3s in a week. That size was manufactured in the US. Installed yesterday.

Update - I was able to order from Tirerack but they are saying 30-60 days before I get them.

How is the experience with those tires? Especially interested in ride comfort and noise level?

Last edited:
How is the experience with those tires? Especially interested in ride comfort and noise level?
They're amazing. I put them on the 200 last summer, and plan to switch my other two trucks to them in the spring. By far the best all-terrain I've used on wet roads and packed snow, and they grip as well as anything off-road. Noise is significantly less than K02s and had on my Ranger at the same time.

Ride comfort is going to depend on size and load rating. If you already have big LT all-terrain, they'll be good.

Update - I was able to order from Tirerack but they are saying 30-60 days before I get them.
If it's available where you live, use on of Tirerack's mobile installers. The tires ship to them, so all you have to do is schedule a half hour for them to come by your house. Wayyyyyy easier than receiving a tire shipment, storing them, and taking them to a shop. And typically cheaper than buying/installing at a shop.

They're amazing. I put them on the 200 last summer, and plan to switch my other two trucks to them in the spring. By far the best all-terrain I've used on wet roads and packed snow, and they grip as well as anything off-road. Noise is significantly less than K02s and had on my Ranger at the same time.

Ride comfort is going to depend on size and load rating. If you already have big LT all-terrain, they'll be good.
Same experience here except had Nitto Terra Grapplers before. Toyo's have less noise and do very well in rain and snow. Have had on 200 now for about 10k miles. 285/70/17's on Icon Rebounds...

There are two models available in this size. Amazon has the 355520 model. I bought a different size from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and got them in less than a week, cheaper than tire rack and discount in my size.

I have bought tires from both, tire rack and discount and now from Amazon and have had good experience with all of them.

Discount near me (south of Houston) shows them to be 2-5 days out but still readily available.

I'm thrilled with mine. Great snow performance and much lighter than other LT tires of the same size.

I got mine from tirebuyer.com a few weeks ago pretty quickly.

If it's available where you live, use on of Tirerack's mobile installers. The tires ship to them, so all you have to do is schedule a half hour for them to come by your house. Wayyyyyy easier than receiving a tire shipment, storing them, and taking them to a shop. And typically cheaper than buying/installing at a shop.
Thoughts on doing this vs using somewhere prolific like Discount + getting certificates for tire damage.. so that if you have problems somewhere you are likely to be covered?

Thoughts on doing this vs using somewhere prolific like Discount + getting certificates for tire damage.. so that if you have problems somewhere you are likely to be covered?
I'd imagine the rack offers some sort of warranty. I've never used a tire warranty ever. The times I've damaged tires it's very much been my fault.

An additional benefit of mobile installers is that they're contactless. No sitting in a greasy waiting room next to a Q believer.

I on the other hand have more than earned my money back on the certificates over the years. I have gotten at least five new tires out of them, south Texas is a harsh place for tires, Mesquite thorns are no joke.

I'd imagine the rack offers some sort of warranty. I've never used a tire warranty ever. The times I've damaged tires it's very much been my fault.

An additional benefit of mobile installers is that they're contactless. No sitting in a greasy waiting room next to a Q believer.
I’m usually out in the driveway watching the techs so they don’t wire wheel my brand new rotor hats.
But to me there being locations all over the place has saved my butt a couple times. I’ll have to look into tire rack’s warranty options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom