Events/Trails Tour De Grants May 29-31 NMOHVA EVENT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NMOHVA RIDE EVENT in Grants, NM. May 29-31. This is several day off road event to help raise money for NMOHVA, 4x4 trail rides in Mt Taylor and Zuni Mts. Details to be announced as they are available.
Set aside these dates and maybe we can get NMHDC camp out planned for this event up in the mountains.

3/23/2020 : THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED RELATED TO CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC. MAY 29-31-2020

Last edited:
That sounds like a great idea!

I'm totally in, had a great time last year! There's some bueno wheelin out there!

1E3D3146-57F8-4702-A98E-DED928D7CA97.jpeg

I will post updates for this event. I was primed and ready to do this,last year, and had family emergency, so I missed it. There is many remote areas in the mountains near Grants. We should make an effort to explore this area and support NMOHVA at the same time.

Feb NMOHVA newsletter says, Information, details and registration will be posted in early March 2020 regarding this fund raising weekend event in mountains around Grants, NM. I will post that info here. I am considering camping in Mts and exploring FR's .
Anybody that maybe interested in group dry camping, let me know. We can make plans as this event gets closer.
A fun way to support NMOHVA, since NMOHVA supports our back country access in NM.

NMOHVA annual meeting this sat 3/7/2020, 10:00 am, but show up early, should be lots of overland 4x4's, dual sport motorcycles. See what NMOHVA is doing to help keep back country public roads open to the public for multi use , in New Mexico. NMOHVA supports you, so come out and support NMOHVA.
Sandia BMW . Parking in front of dealership is first come... See you there...

There will be some discussion about the Tour De Grants event, scheduled for late May 2020.

Just got an announcement from NMOHVA. The Tour De Grants has been cancelled related to the Corona virus pandemic. The staff is unable to work to get this event together. And being unable to predict the coarse of this outbreak, they felt it is best to cancel this year's event.
Too bad , but life has changed for a while.

Just got an announcement from NMOHVA. The Tour De Grants has been cancelled related to the Corona virus.
Events are dropping like flies.

Events are dropping like flies.
I was just saying those exact words as I opened up your post on this subject. I am doing all kinds of odd jobs around the house that I have put off for way too long. When this all settles down, I will have all kinds of time to get out of town. That's my silver lining story, right now.

while Amazon shopping increases exponentially..... :)

If this is settled somewhat by then, I may take off over there and run my own private tour de grants, I already have the PTO time committed. Hopefully I wont need it for virus recovery :nailbiting:

If this is settled somewhat by then, I may take off over there and run my own private tour de grants, I already have the PTO time committed. Hopefully I wont need it for virus recovery :nailbiting:
I agree. We will watch this situation, and make plans based on where we are at in late May. This area is close and even day trips could be done by individuals or small groups. I remain hopeful on some future 4x4 rides. 👍 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom