TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks John :)

I bought a 4-shelf heavy duty storage rack at Lowe's the other day. Unopened package as indicated by the staples and straps holding the box closed. Assembled it this morning. A 4-shelf unit should have 8 horizontal beams. This one has 7.

Lowe's says to contact the manufacturer, as does the "STOP, Contact Us First!" card in the box (that card seems to be a universal out for every retailer), or repackage it and return it for exchange. It's in my basement, so I'm definitely not unloading it, disassembling it, and bringing it back to Lowe's (sans box, which was destroyed in the unpacking phase) when all I need is another bar...perhaps one from the mangled, open box that I had to move off the top of the stack when I bought the damn thing?

Email sent to the manufacturer. Waiting on a response.

My other option is to just buy another and open it in the parking lot, remove what I need, then return the thing, but that's unfair to the next guy who comes in and buys that open box without checking, because you know they're just gonna put it right back on the sales floor after the return.

Maybe Thursday AM's store manager will see things in a different light and just give me a beam from a different box.

For anyone that has a bad experience at a Chick-fil-A, go to their website and let them know and you will receive something to use for a free item at a future visit! I spent 14 years working directly for them both at the Corporate HQ in Atlanta and also had my own store here in in Greenville and for the last 16 years have been a supporting vendor.
Yesterday, I attended the Life Celebration of a Chick-fil-A staff member I had worked some with years ago and gotten to know who died suddenly and heroically last week rescuing some children caught in a rip tide in FL. Such a selfless act and one that I hope I am up to doing if and when the situation occurs! There was not a dry eye as his son (high school Senior) spoke and shared how awesome of a dad he was but also all the milestones in his future that he won't be able to share with his dad as assumed.

Just another reminder to me that I need to invest my time wisely and with those I love and be ready to act to help anyone I see that needs help!

Anybody who is willing to discuss the signs of early onset dementia or alzheimer's is welcome to PM me for a phone number. I'd appreciate hearing some firsthand info.

EDIT: Seriously. I failed to include the rant behind my post...kinda got sidetracked and it's probably best to not detail it here.

Last edited:
Anybody who is willing to discuss the signs of early onset dementia or alzheimer's is welcome to PM me for a phone number. I'd appreciate hearing some firsthand info.

EDIT: Seriously. I failed to include the rant behind my post...kinda got sidetracked and it's probably best to not detail it here.
Dealing with dementia in my grand dad now. Hes 88 and lived by himself until last summer. Currently lives with my mom about 20 minutes from me. Hes who I get my Mechanical aptitude from. Retired from the post office as a mechanic and served in the military as a mechanic. Dementia is a weird disease, I see him a few times a week and he remembers me perfectly, know my girls and remember every conversation we have and where we left off. Last conversation was about his first car, 38 Ford, talked to him on the phone today and and he ask when I was coming back over to tell me how he got the car for $125 in 1951. Heres the kicker, lives with my mom and he doesn't know who she is half the time. Im thankful i moved back when i did. I listen to his stories and absorb them like a sponge.

Well Andrea broke her ankle last night...... not sure what exactly to rant about but just feel like I should at least grumble. LOL

The rant is that now you have to deal with all that goes along with that now. I think the annoyance factor of stuff like that is the pain. Hope she heals up quick.

Gas Company sucks!!

Called on Monday for propane fill up. Was told 3-5 business days. Today is Friday, no propane... call after hours line because we are at 5%. Wasn't a problem on Monday, but now it's a problem. After a couple calls, guys says we owe tank rent so they didn't send anybody out. Well f@÷k, tell a brother and we'll get it paid, don't make me call and ask why I don't have propane to find out.

Thankfully, just the cook top is on propane, so we been grilling and using the camp stove this week. Poor guy that called was like, they will charge you extra for a Saturday delivery, I said nope, cancel it and I'll call Monday and tell them to come get the damn thing. There are other companies and this is not the first time I've had trouble with them. So I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and let the money do the talking...

I told Erin we were practicing for camp season...

^^^. The place we're looking to buy has propane for the gas logs only. The tank is right next to the HVAC unit. We called to inquire about change of service once we move in, they asked us for pics, then they told us that they can't fill it because it's too close to the HVAC and will need to be moved at $10/ft (which seems pretty cheap!). It's been there for over 20 years in the name of the current owners. The same company has been servicing it the entire time. I'm not sure if I should be pissed at them or the state of SC.

Well Andrea broke her ankle last night...... not sure what exactly to rant about but just feel like I should at least grumble. LOL
Shall we discuss the merits of a single payer system?😁

^^^. The place we're looking to buy has propane for the gas logs only. The tank is right next to the HVAC unit. We called to inquire about change of service once we move in, they asked us for pics, then they told us that they can't fill it because it's too close to the HVAC and will need to be moved at $10/ft (which seems pretty cheap!). It's been there for over 20 years in the name of the current owners. The same company has been servicing it the entire time. I'm not sure if I should be pissed at them or the state of SC.

wait, you are looking further south? I thought for sure you'd be looking at a more northern location :)

The rant is that now you have to deal with all that goes along with that now. I think the annoyance factor of stuff like that is the pain. Hope she heals up quick.

Yeah tell me about it. I came down with some terrible food.poisoning on Wednesday. Lost a day and a half of work camped out in the bathroom. Y stomach still feels tender and hurts when I used my stomach muscles for anything. Also have the inlaws here this weekend. So between looking after Andrea, getting caught up on reports that were due on Thursday and Friday and getting the house semi ready, it's been a fun week. Add that large medical bill and my grandma passing away the week before its been an amazing two weeks here. Trying to get an appointment with the foot doctor, ER doc said 6-8 weeks to heal for her.

Last edited:

Hi. Ring me when you're up.

:bang:

IMG_4709.jpeg

I can't stand a poorly designed solution.
I inherited a 2014 F150 V6 a couple of years ago, I only mention this because although I'm very grateful to have such a nice, low mileage truck I would not have bought a Ford or this trim level.

I have changed the oil three times now and this happens every time.
So the oil filter sits horizontally in front of the engine. Its located over the front crossmember. Knowing that this would be a mess during oil changes Ford decided to put a plate with funnel under the oil filter. This plate funnels to the front of the crossmember. So logically one should put the catch can under the funnel spout, right? Wrong, well sometimes. The first time I changed the oil I put the catch can under the funnel and it drained off the back side of the plate. So the next time I got smart and put the catch can on the back side of the cross member, that time the oil decided to drain correctly off the front of the crossmember. So this time I had a 50/50 shot at it, and guessed wrong.
All three oil changes were in my garage so the truck wasn't sloped one way or the other. I think it has to do with the speed and volume of oil that comes out, ie- how fast you remove the oil filter. I have thought about bending the plate up in the back to make the oil go off the front but after spending 20 minutes cleaning up the Exxon Valdez I'm ready to move on.

Rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom