Torsion bars in stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need torsion bars for my LC since I will be purchasing a bumper shortly. No one I have contacted has them in stock by any of the major brands. The Tough Dog bars I want won't be in stock until December, and I can't wait for those, unfortunately. :-(

Do any of the good vendors on MUD who might be reading this have ANYTHING in stock? Or does anyone have a link to try I might have missed? OME I guess is my fallback, as the Ironman bars are too spendy with shipping. Is there any other option?

Thanks!
Mark
Orlando, FL

I wouldn't be too concerned if you have to wait. I'm running ARB combo on stock torsions, 2.5", OEM shocks and it handles it just fine. No winch yet but plan to soon.

I agree with @YardPig the stocks will handle it and you can always put a couple turns on them if you want while you wait. If you're spending the money on the parts might as well wait a little bit for what you want rather than settling for something just because it was in stock right then.

Ditto on run stock tbars for a bit, I did this on for a few months with the slee blueberry and winch installed before I got my ToughDog TourFlex suspension put on.

I'm running dual batteries, and will be adding a bumper and winch. That is easily an extra 225-250 pounds on the front end.

But if the general opinion is - crank them and don't worry about it for a bit - I guess I can easily wait for the Tough Dogs to come back into stock in December. @reevesci

Bumper, winch, lights, and a heavy duty steel grille and I'm on stock TB's & OEM shocks as well. I'm waiting until @reevesci gets more Tough Dog TB's in stock before ordering those and new shocks.

Bumper, winch, lights, and a heavy duty steel grille and I'm on stock TB's & OEM shocks as well. I'm waiting until @reevesci gets more Tough Dog TB's in stock before ordering those and new shocks.
The TD shocks are awesome. Definitely kick in the extra coin for the adjustables.

I'm afraid to upgrade torsion bars and have complaints from the wife on ride quality being too stiff. The stock bars and shocks ride so nice.

Just change them and don't say anything?

I won't be happy with a stiff bone jarring ride either! The ride quality with cranked oem torsions, oem shocks and 860's is excellent.
Once I add a winch and more armor my opinion may change.

I run these with a slee blueberry and a winch up front. No complaints. Kind of like the red too

Damn

T bars are allways out of stock. ARB just made a run and mine came in after 4 months waiting.
Stiff ride is adjustable. If your running tall tires you can crank them down a lot to increese the droop which softens the ride. Still has the extra torque for the additional weight control.

Sway-a-way TB's are in stock. My old ones must have been really shot. It made a huge difference in the ride.

swayaway.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom