topping off power steering fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's been occasions (twice over four months period) where I heard a quick squeal (not loud) when I was backing out of the garage turning the steering wheel (not all the way though) I don't think it's time for a full power steering fluid flush yet, is it ok if I just siphon out what's in the reservoir and refill with the Toyota ATF?

Not sure what you are trying to do. But you can siphon it out and put in the new stuff. It should not hurt. Make sure your using the cold or hot levels depending on when you'll fill it.

Was it low. If so look for leaks. I find easier, faster and get more. To just poor out PS reservoir. The more often we flush PS the better.

Just because you heard during a turn, doesn't mean it for sure on steering. I'd check drive belt pulley bearings.

Also be alert to brake master sequel. You must be watching front of brake reservoir, when you hear squeal. Which is usually within a few minutes of cold start-up. look for bubbles coming up front of reservoir.

The truck recently had timing belt, drive belt, water pump, pulley, tensioner, fan bracket, clutch assembly and radiator replaced, all Toyota OEM. I do hear a short squeal maybe once or twice a week on first crank of the day when I start the car, not any other time, not loud. I just returned from a 1200 mile road trip no issues and during the long weekend trip, no squeals. Not sure if this is related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom