TOPLESS!! Now for a "kill switch"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not an electrical solution but it worked for me…

When I lived in Venezuela, I had two 40s. On one of them I put what was called a vault over there. Think of it as a metal plate (1/4” thick) that sits on the floor of the driver seat with hinges on the firewall side and hole on the opposite side of where the hinges are (next to the seat). The last part of the system was a rod (1” thick) that is bolted to the firewall and has hole drilled perpendicular to the rod just bellow the dash.

When you get out of the truck, you flip the plate up, the rod goes through the hole in the plate and you place a lock through the hole in the rod.

Anybody wanting to steel the truck will have to tow it because all the pedals are behind a 1/4 “ steel plate. Some people even placed a lateral plate just to the right of the gas pedal so you can’t even reach behind the plate with your hands. That way you can safely leave some small stuff there.

The other 40 had a welded tab on the clutch pedal with a hole on it. The hole in this tab coincided with a hole in a steel angle coming out of the firewall. When leaving the truck, you just put a lock there and nobody can drive the truck.

My $.02

J

Sometimes (especially lately), keeping a truck to yourself over there was somewhat difficult…

The more MFs you find out there trying to get your stuff, the more creative/radical you have to become.

It wasn’t my idea. There’s a company that sells them (Multi-Lock or something like that). I just copy it using thicker plates

J

YV FJs said:
Sometimes (especially lately), keeping a truck to yourself over there was somewhat difficult…

The more MFs you find out there trying to get your stuff, the more creative/radical you have to become.

It wasn’t my idea. There’s a company that sells them (Multi-Lock or something like that). I just copy it using thicker plates

J

Dude that is like totally radical dude, totally :D You got any pics?

this only keeps the honest people away, but it's cheap and simple...
weld a half of a chain link near the top of the transmission floor shifter. When I leave the cruiser I wrap a chain around the seat bracket and over the gear shift, placing a lock through the chain and gear shift half-link. This immobilizes the shifter, you can't take it out of reverse without cutting the chain. If i am more concerned, my chain is long enough to also wrap around the clutch pedal preventing it from depressing. Cruiser is stuck in gear and can't roll.

even so, a tow truck is no match for it...neither is a $5 set of bolt cutters and hot wire expertise.
Tim

Hawk, don't have any pictures of mine. I'll check if I can get one from friends done there

J

I cut the coil signal wire just after the quick connect and ran wires inside the cab with a toggle switch. I "hid" it in the factory wiring and bundled it all up so that you cannont see the splice unless you rip off a ton of electrical tape and conduit.

I feel like that is about as good as it is going to get for my budget. I will probably add a ball valve on the fuel line somewhere too for that extra security. Anything that will make a thief have to spend more time figuring things out is a bonus. Unless of course, he tows it away.

I like the chain on the shifter idea!

My coil wire is siliconed on for waterproofing.

You can have my x-wife, leave her in the cruiser, if someone was brave enough to steal it, they would get tired of her mouth and bring it back you. The only problem, you might be stuck with her. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom