Tool Chests - Potential Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks
I have a good friend that is in the import/export business and brings stuff over from China all the time. Over the weekend, I asked him if he could bring in tool chests, and he agreed to look into it. I sent him a couple of sample links like this one.

I am gauging interest here to see if there are others that might be interested. If yes, I can help coordinate this group buy. I understand that some people may not be thrilled about China made stuff.

toolchest.jpeg

Yeah price point and lead time are the 2 biggest things for me too

Design, e.g., ball bearing drawer slides, and quality might be considerations.

Folks, If you've checked out other models, please post a link and I will share it with my friend. Since this would be a new supplier for him as well, he is open to work with a manufacturer & model that we decide to pick. He is simply facilitating this transaction for us. Let me know what price point that we should aim for. We may not be able to control the lead time, unless we can get a big enough order together.

I have the correct number of balls in my drawers, thanks for asking.

Just looking at what is available from the big box stores (Harbor Freight, Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc), the quality tends to be all over the place with the Chinese tool chests. I'd be hesitant to buy something sight unseen just because it is a "good" price.

From the link above, the parts that concern me are things like "Capacity: Big Capacity" and "Material: Cold Rolled Sheet" - nothing about actual metal gauge or that it will hold xxx lbs.

I have a Harbor Freight General tool box I really like the quality of the box. It is a much thicker gauge than the big box store brand. Just wish I got a bigger one. I may buy a side box.

Well, I kind of dropped this idea. Found a tool chest locally on FB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom