To Hell and Back Moab 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Atwalz
email7705.jpg

Am seriously liking these pics and what you all are doing. You are definitely putting these beasts to the test. Makes me glad to have a 200.

My daughter Em running Poison Spider!
email8141.jpg

My daughter Em running Poison Spider!
View attachment 1515599

Isn't it a great feeling K! My third daughter (15 now) loves to wheel. She's been running trails with me since she was 4.

I love the "DAD!! IT'S A TRAIL I CAN DRIVE HERE!!!! comment that always immediately exits her mouth as soon as the tires hit dirt!.. I wouldn't have it any other way and I remember every mile with her.

J

Isn't it a great feeling K! My third daughter (15 now) loves to wheel. She's been running trails with me since she was 4.

I love the "DAD!! IT'S A TRAIL I CAN DRIVE HERE!!!! comment that always immediately exits her mouth as soon as the tires hit dirt!.. I wouldn't have it any other way and I remember every mile with her.

J
Bingo, I can relate to every word you said, so awesome! I also remember every mile I share with Emmy on the trail! To hear her talk about driving trails, camping and exploring with her kids in a Landcruiser one day down the road always puts a smile on my face! It's simply one of the greatest feelings in the world to share one of my loves in life with my daughter and make so many memories! After we set up camp in Breckenridge and got ready to call it a night she said "Dad I'm so glad you bought a 200 series LC and allowed us to meet the coolest people and have such awesome adventures". While in Breckenridge @Canyonero and his wife gave us a onesie for our newest daughter Zoey aka Zotron with a pic of our LC on the front and on the back it says "newest member of the LCDC Zoey", just so damn cool! I'll post a pic of her in it soon, she will be joining us for next years adventure!

i-7KSCC74-X3.jpg
i-zrVScHv-X3.jpg
i-xzwv2Vd-X3.jpg
i-2QxhRDJ-X2.jpg
i-5nR7429-X3.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as I saw this post I called my wife over, "Honey, you need to see this." It say a ton about the type of people that have been participating in these trips. And though I am not as "bold" as some of you when it comes to trail choice, the idea of being out doing this sort of things with good people is awesome. My wife definitely wants to come next year. (And if it weren't for a family wedding and guests we would have both been there for the whole thing this year.) There is definitely something about being able to not only share your passions with your kids, but also have them embrace them. And now you get to start it all again with Zoey! Again, congratulations. Zoey will keep you young as Emily heads off to college.
;)

Great shots and great people! I hated to miss the "Pre" Trip this year. Didn't think you could top last year, but what incredible and technical trails you all did. Well done.

Laying it down....left a nice track on the far side of the crack.

Did any of you try out crawl through the crack? Or anywhere on the trail for that matter? I grew up old school in 40's and a non-ATrac 100 so it still isn't in my DNA to think about using those tools too much, and haven't really needed to use anything in the 200 yet. Looks like I would have on this adventure.

Did any of you try out crawl through the crack? Or anywhere on the trail for that matter? I grew up old school in 40's and a non-ATrac 100 so it still isn't in my DNA to think about using those tools too much, and haven't really needed to use anything in the 200 yet. Looks like I would have on this adventure.

Most of us used it throughout the trail with varying success, depending on how bad the obstacle was.

Most notably, it worked like as it would in a Toyota commercial at the big sand dune. Where there was no traction to be had conventionally, the crawl control allowed for a (slow) forward progress.

We went to Moab after Breckinridge, though we spent most of our time in the national parks (Canyonlands and Arches). I did part of Elephant Hill, then realized the challenge and I really wanted to follow someone who'd done it before. We ended up taking the Colorado River overlook trail instead, which the trail guidebook calls moderate (for the last 2 miles) and which was about all I was willing to run without one of you guys to follow. We did Potash Road and Shafer Trail into the park and tried Long Canyon on the way out but Pucker Pass was washed out with huge boulders so we had to turn around part way down the canyon.

My wife and kids really want to come back and do the White Rim trail and the Maze one day, so if anyone with kids wants to do the the White Rim trail and the Land of Standing Rocks next year let me know.

Less gratuitous but still fun photos (that shelf really seemed steeper in person):

image8.JPG
IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

Next year I hope to join you crazy wheelers in Moab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom