TN LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the LV madness. I see you are in the landscape business and so am I in Atlanta. For almost 40 years. Sounds like you run Isuzu’s, which we also run. They are great til they are not then PIA. I have been working, lately not working, on my LV for too many years. You have a long road ahead with sheet metal. You can check out my build thread. Thank goodness I am past the hard part. Lots of sheet metal fabrication and welding for sure. Regarding your title/tag. GA is a BOS State so could easily help you w GA tag then transfer to your state.

@merbesfield

I’ve been watching your build here and trying to learn from everyone. I’m kinda a diy guy so I’m probably going to try and tackle some or all the metal work myself (if I ever get time). So cool you are in Atlanta. I grew up out in Conyers and still have family there. I would love to check out your lv sometime on one of my trips down. And I might take you up on your offer for the title help. My brother in-law is down there and I’m trying to recruit him! I’d pay you of course for your time.

Been in the landscape business for 21 years. It’s a love hate relationship ha!

@merbesfield

I’ve been watching your build here and trying to learn from everyone. I’m kinda a diy guy so I’m probably going to try and tackle some or all the metal work myself (if I ever get time). So cool you are in Atlanta. I grew up out in Conyers and still have family there. I would love to check out your lv sometime on one of my trips down. And I might take you up on your offer for the title help. My brother in-law is down there and I’m trying to recruit him! I’d pay you of course for your time.

Been in the landscape business for 21 years. It’s a love hate relationship ha!
Def love hate... No need to pay me. Happy to assist. Let me know when you’re in town. I can blow off the dust. My current project is a 57 356A Porsche. When it’s done I’m back on the LV. If I have the energy. If not I know a guy 😉....

Subscribed. I'm coming to the end (is there ever an "end"?) of my LV resurrection, myself. NorCal '66.
IMG_6115.JPG

Subscribed. Love the LV. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one running around middle TN. Glad you’re (eventually) gonna change that.

@Scotch Ha! Thanks I’m hoping to get it going one day. Needs a lot of work. How you been? I met you out at hundreds in the hills #6. I think I saw a 40 of yours you might have had posted for sale awhile back?

So not much to mention as far as work on the LV. The barn mentioned is about 95% done. Then we started a major home renovation and actually tore our house down and pretty much started from the foundation up. We’ve been living in the barn the past 9 months and finished up the house about 3 weeks ago. It has been a crazy long ride. I did manage to get the pig also mentioned in this thread moved into the barn and started working on it in hopes of making it to this year’s SSS.

I do have one major accomplishment for the LV. After getting proper paperwork from the PO and going back and forth with the dmv here I finally got a good TN title! It came in the mail today and I’m really excited to get through that hurdle.

-Jason

So not much to mention as far as work on the LV. The barn mentioned is about 95% done. Then we started a major home renovation and actually tore our house down and pretty much started from the foundation up. We’ve been living in the barn the past 9 months and finished up the house about 3 weeks ago. It has been a crazy long ride. I did manage to get the pig also mentioned in this thread moved into the barn and started working on it in hopes of making it to this year’s SSS.

I do have one major accomplishment for the LV. After getting proper paperwork from the PO and going back and forth with the dmv here I finally got a good TN title! It came in the mail today and I’m really excited to get through that hurdle.

-Jason
congrats on getting the title taken care of! a 45LV is a "long play" anyway, it'll get there!

Did some unpacking on the LV today. Found looks like the spare tire holder, hood spear, and one rear seat bracket. Let me know if these aren’t original. Hopefully I’ll find the other seat bracket.
77E8653F-13B0-4018-8245-C3E50A422735.jpeg

Seat brackets are indeed hens teeth for a Unicorn. Good luck finding the other one. I was fortunate to be able to buy a pair of them and they were NOT cheap. I'm still in search of three things for mine. The front seat-back ash tray, Door checks/limiters and the rear hatch latch escutchions (for lack of a better word). If anyone has these they're willing to get rid of, drop me a PM.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom