TN LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I thought I would start a thread about this 1966 LV I bought. I’m a Cruiser nut and own several others ranging from a ‘72 40, a ‘72 55, ‘77 40, ‘80 HJ45, my son drives a 2000 100, and my wife drives a built ‘01 lx470. Most of mine are rusty falling apart rigs including this lv. I’ve decided I’m probably going to sell a few to thin the herd and for money for the lv. I want to thank @SNLC for arranging everything and @3_puppies for storage for awhile and helping getting it loaded up for me. Also thanks to @Riverrunner for shipping it from MT to Tennessee! My biggest concern is a title right now. Tennessee requires a title for registration and a tag. They won’t accept just a bill of sale. I know I’m really far from driving but I want to get that taken care of. Well here are some pictures taken when @3_puppies stored it!
9B61077B-1EBA-4492-A0A2-AA1F55DFE761.png

Excellent! Look forward to seeing what you make of it. What part of Tennessee are you in? My family is all in Lenoir city now.

I wonder if another member in another state could get you a title for it in their state with a bill of sale, then transfer that title to you? Just a thought, must be some kind of workaround.

Well I’ve hardly had time to really dig in and see what I’ve got. It’s packed full of parts and I’m excited to check it all out, but I own a landscaping business and I’ve gotten really busy. Also since I enjoy diy projects I decided to add onto my barn for a place to work on the lv. So between work and building the barn the lv is waiting patiently.
B6AE987D-AEE0-4469-8025-C4318B114CF6.jpeg

11E0E8E4-6E20-4A92-BDBD-457B7BF61A72.jpeg

Here is the lv covered with its other cruiser brothers. Hopefully the barn and covered area will get finished soon and these guys can get properly stored!

@scoobiedubes I’m in Franklin! I’ve really enjoyed reading through your build and learning through what you have done! Your LV looks awesome!

Subscribed. Hard to see, but it looks like you’ll have some work to do on those quarter panels.

@scoobiedubes I’m in Franklin! I’ve really enjoyed reading through your build and learning through what you have done! Your LV looks awesome!
thank you! I don’t even consider what i did a “build” as much as a refresh but i love it like no other cruiser I’ve ever owned that’s for sure.

My sister used to live in franklin. If you’ve got any relatives out of state maybe call them and see if they’re able to get a title for you in their state? Some states are easier than others to work with when it comes to that kind of thing, maybe there’s a solution there. Jealous of your barn I wish I had more space, maybe it’s for the best though I’d just fill it.

Welcome to LV madness! Hopefully yours is complete as you probably know parts are very difficult to come by, but that’s where the fun and value comes in too.

NOSAJ,
Welcome to the Madness that is an LV!! That's a nice batch of lawn ornaments. I had the same problem with VA not accepting a BOS. I was able to apply for a title through a the DMV. I submitted all the info I had, the more you have the better, which was BOS and a letter from the PO stating who and where they got it from. Thanks to JackA I even had pictures of it being dug up and moved when he bought it. Took about 6 weeks but no worries you'll have plenty of time. I was able to find the exact person at the DMV to talk to through a local hot rod club. They are familiar with getting things titled and that saved me a lot of time at the DMV. I was able to get it all done by email once I had the right persons address. Good luck and I can't wait to follow your build!

Hey guys thanks for all the responses, encouragement, and advice! The quarter panels are definitely needing some love, floors are pretty much shot, the roof and rain gutter looks to be solid. Hopefully there is no rust hiding up in there. The rear seal is also toast. So I’ve got my body work cut out for me! No engine or tranny. I know it’s a long way off but I’ll need to decide what engine to put in it... Right now I’m just dreaming. I do have a couple of Isuzu diesels laying around my shop but not sure I’m going to go that route. I really like a diesel and I’ve got a lot of the parts to make this happen but haven’t made a decision yet. I really want to stay all Toyota and thinking either Toyota die$el or maybe a 2uz. Anyway just dreaming a little.

It did come with extra doors and an extra rear upper hatch. All the glass appears to be there and the seats and heater. Also a box of door handles and misc stuff I haven’t been able to go through. Not much else. Thanks guys on the ideas about the title. My plan right now is to go through a family member in Ga.

My barn is going from a 30x50 enclosed to a 50x54 enclosed with another exterior covered area that is 24’x50. Barn will be for cruisers and business landscape, storage, maintenance (I hate anyone working on my stuff). I just had a clutch replaced in one of our Isuzu overcabs and the guy took like 5 weeks to do it. Next time I’m going to just do it myself.

Plan is for a lift and a paint booth in the barn so I can work on work trucks and cruisers.

This will be a slow build. Hopefully after the barn is done I can make some headway. But usually I don’t get much free time until the winter!

Yes welcome to the LV brotherhood and it's good to see another one is being saved. Looking forward to the build. Don't be shy when it comes to parts needed, this is the place.

I’ve gotten quite a bit done on the barn. Barn doors made and stained, all new metal and insulation. Starting the second leg today marked in red. Holes are dug for the post. Then trusses will go up. The lv is inside covered now. I was so glad to get it in and out from under the tarp and weather.
6817A24B-7F64-4EA1-834C-440F9A0F8F9E.jpeg

0AFFE44E-0B3E-4773-BAFF-FD2251D30F5F.jpeg

Haven’t done anything to the lv. Life is busy with work, recently had issues with an Isuzu diesel overcab overheating. I had to get that fixed because those engines are known for cracking heads if they get too hot. I had the radiator cleaned, new water pump, thermostat, cap etc. and it would still get warm. I was considering that it blew a head gasket and in a last ditch effort I put in a old radiator from a junk truck and it worked. So I guess the radiator was still clogged after getting it professionally cleaned. So glad it is back on the road.

My buddy brought his 80 series over for me to work on then the radiator blew in my wife’s Lexus lx470. Got that fixed the the starter went out. It’s a 2uz so I’ve got to pull the intake manifold to get to the starter. It’s going to be a fun long weekend. Lately it’s been take 1 step forward and 3 back. But I’m plugging away.

Such a great collection. Congrats on the LV addition!!!

I still Suffer from GIFU lust but haven’t found a way to get one into the mix. Mostly due to price and location.

I did get a kick out of your screenname as that was my nickname for several year then I spied my old 55 too. I had forgotten that one ended up in your herd.

Haha. Still has the HO gm ambulance alternator!
It just had a fresh rebuild before I sold it. Hopefully It’s not in too bad of shape. Crazy how cruiser times have changed. I had more money in that motor than the whole rig. Add all the IPOR armor and only got 1800 after 12 mos for sale :/

hope to see your get her running again soon.... tippy b!tch was always a fun ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom