TLCA Raffle Truck build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remaining tasks are as follows - Green tasks are easy, blue requires some experience and skill, red requires advanced skills:

- Install front driver side shock (all necessary parts are in the truck)
- Install remaining wheel lug nuts (donated lug nuts are in the dash pocket)
- Install side steps (I purchased the necessary nuts and bolts, they are in the dash pocket)

- Install passenger door (hinge pins and hinge are in the dash pocket)
- Adjust driver door (needs adjustment so it closes properly, all hardware is there)

- Hook-up fuel solenoid (need to fabricate the harness, Ed needs to be involved)
- Route and install vacuum hoses (I purchased a length of tubing, it's in the dash pocket; the '77 emission diagram will be needed)

- Install remaining dash switches and hook-up the instrument cluster (Ed needs to be involved)
- Install wiper motor cover (I purchased the necessary bolts, they are in the dash pocket)
- Install the air filter housing (all necessary hardware is in the dash pocket)

- Purchase and install a tachometer
- Weld a flange to the down pipe and fit and install the exhaust (we need a flange and possibly some short pipe and some hangers)
- Install the spare tire on the wheel and hang it on the tire carrier
- Install roll bar pads
- Clean out the truck, armor-all the vinyl
- Wash and polish the truck

There are probably other things I have forgotten, but this should be pretty close to finishing it off.

Reactions: SAS
Remaining tasks are as follows - Green tasks are easy, blue requires some experience and skill, red requires advanced skills:

- Hook-up fuel solenoid (need to fabricate the harness, Ed needs to be involved)

- Install remaining dash switches and hook-up the instrument cluster (Ed needs to be involved)

OK, can do.

When are the tickets going on sale?

We are only days away from having an online payment option....I'll let you know as soon as it comes online.

Post up when they are online. I'll buy some too!

A visual summary of this thread and the transformation of this fine vehicle follow over the next few posts.

Some of the hi pints of this build:

- Rebuilt carb by Mark Algazy of Marks Off-Road. Many of you know his work, but for the uninitiated, Mark is one of the top two recognized Aisin carb experts and top rebuilders.
- NEW SS braided brakelines.
- Full front axle rebuild with new seals and bearings
- Power steering
- Frame surface rust removed and primed and painted
-Tub stripped and any rust repaired with replacement metal then primed and painted... This was a California truck, so the rust was minimal and the majority only took some spot welding of pin holes after rust was removed.
-Transmission and T-case thoroughly gone through and confirmed that all potential wear parts were within spec.
- New BFG AT tires
- Electrical system was gone through and updated/repaired by our own renowned automotive electrical guru (He taught automotive electrical classes at the local community college until this spring). So we are supremely confident in the strength of the electrical system

Bottom Line: This is a very good restoration. It may not be concourse quality, but it is one hell of a truck and the winner will NOT be disappointed, that's for DAMN sure.

100_4157.jpg

100_4157.jpg
100_4159.jpg
100_4169.jpg
100_4216.jpg
100_4220.jpg

Love the CCOT posters and the Brimmer Calendar on the garage wall. Are those bumperettes new? And, does that thing have a header or factory exhaust? Most of the engine pictures are from the distributor side.

Love the CCOT posters and the Brimmer Calendar on the garage wall. Are those bumperettes new? And, does that thing have a header or factory exhaust? Most of the engine pictures are from the distributor side.

It always amazes the attention to detail 'mudders have and what they notice in the pictures.

To answer your question: It has the stock exhaust.

....To answer your question: It has the stock exhaust.
Correction: It has a stock manifold, but not the so called thermonuclear stock CA manifold...those unfortunately are unobtainium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom