TLC showing the first 25 in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I swung by TLC in Van Nuys this week and Jonathan is taking his FJ25 (and five other high-end rigs) to SEMA this year. It's the very first 25 ever sold in the US. It was bought by a school teacher who drove it off the dock. I guess she drove it for a long time before Jonathan got it, looks amazing as it is still all original, great "patina" ahhh jealousy...

pics?

very cool :)

so thats where toyota got the rigs for SEMA......not suprised

I'd like to see that, and the pics, and the VIN# .............. :)

I'll see it at SEMA since Marv is going to fly me out!! :rolleyes:

It's still orginal? I have a ad from 1971 "how long will it last". The picture of the first imported Land Cruiser was not orginal anymore in 1971. Front bumper replaced and an after market soft top. So either Toyota did not picture the first one or it's been restored. The person in the picture was advertised as the owner and it wasn't a woman. I thought Landpimp knew who had the first one and it was still up in Washington state.

John

yup, I got that ad, says Frank Conn from Cle Elum WA has the 1st 25. Now is it really the 1st? I dunno, but the person does really exist or did so a few years ago when I did some seaching.

and does anyone really think even back in the 50's that you could drive it off the boat/dock yourself? :rolleyes:

Living in the Past said:
It's still orginal? I have a ad from 1971 "how long will it last". The picture of the first imported Land Cruiser was not orginal anymore in 1971. Front bumper replaced and an after market soft top. So either Toyota did not picture the first one or it's been restored. The person in the picture was advertised as the owner and it wasn't a woman. I thought Landpimp knew who had the first one and it was still up in Washington state.

John

this is according to Toyota the 1st cruiser sold in the US in 1958, located in WA.....prolly still here

115498064.jpg

pretty sure they are the same rig at different times. actaully they are the same, same plate # on both.........hmmmm might have to have someone run that old plate ;)
115498062.jpg

FJnotCJ said:
Note upside down tbird...

:D Beat me to it! ;p

I was distracted by the wheels, never noticed before. Frank must have gotten tired of those skinny 16's. :)

I just switched my Tbird this weekend. Now I don't know maybe is was right before. I think I'll it every month that way I'll be right half the time.

I noticed he also install what looks like a Warn winch on it to. I would really like to know if this cruiser and guy are still around. I'm guessing the guy might be in his seventies now, so he could still be out there. I'll bet if he his the only way he doesn't have that cruiser is if it got passed on to some family member. I've have my first one for over thirty years. can't sell it. Going to give it to my son if he ever grows up.

This should be the cruiser that Toyota wants to show off, not one that's been restored and now just sits in some show room.

John

I am researching it today :)

I had found him still listed in the Cle Elum area a few years ago, now he isnt showing up......but i do have the lic plate #......which might be a dead end....WA is making everyone switch to the new plates :(

Might also have my parts guy call some dealerships in the Cle Elum area and see if they have him in the system........doubtfull but possible.

Living in the Past said:
I just switched my Tbird this weekend. Now I don't know maybe is was right before. I think I'll it every month that way I'll be right half the time.

I noticed he also install what looks like a Warn winch on it to. I would really like to know if this cruiser and guy are still around. I'm guessing the guy might be in his seventies now, so he could still be out there. I'll bet if he his the only way he doesn't have that cruiser is if it got passed on to some family member. I've have my first one for over thirty years. can't sell it. Going to give it to my son if he ever grows up.

This should be the cruiser that Toyota wants to show off, not one that's been restored and now just sits in some show room.

John

I ran EAZ 241 and FAZ 241 and neither came up, if it was reissued a plate it would tell the new plate #, so maybe I am just getting the plate # wrong or its been off the road for many many years......which would not shock me.

definately NOT restored, it has canvas straps instead of doors, beat-up green paint, etc..., and Toyota is putting it in their booth at SEMA, so maybe it's a case of duelling firsts? dunno, but it sure is cool.

Someone at the SEMA show should check the VIN#. Cruiser_Nerd (Jim) has track of a few 58 VIN#. We could check it against those VINs. We know for it to have been the first it would have to be a 58. I think it would be real lucky to have had the first in the country still in it's original condition. Of the four I've bought only one was close to original but it's floor is rusted out. the next one that is even close has been restored. the other two we won't even mention. I'm not saying it's not the first, I'm just saying it would be real lucky. If it is in it's orginal condition after 45 years it is still a very rare piece even if it wasn't the first. Does anyone here have a running 25 that still has it's original paint and not modified?

So we know 58 was the first year of cruisers being imported but what year was the best year for the 25s? :confused: I would have to say 1960 cause we all know they must have improved the brakes in 1960, right Steve. :rolleyes: They had a tread in the 40 section about this and got a lot of posts, so with all the big changes over the years (all three of them) what was the best? You know which of the two frames was the best, the different design in the tool box/ battery cover, three to four bolts to mount the fender. The list goes on and on :rolleyes:

John

#1 woody's SEMA pics....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday's photos are up....

http://gallery.ih8mud.com/thumbnails.php?album=19

Here's link to a picture of it, looks like the seats were recovered at home and maybe some kind of after market heater. but the rest looks original including the front bumper. hopefully someone will post more picture. The engine bay and of the back.

John

SEMA05_Thurs82.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom