Builds TLC-77 Old school, new member :) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He modeled them like

Yep, right!

DSC_2698.JPG

DSC_2699.JPG

I like the roof rack a lot too. Nice work!

Maybe if you put a wind deflector at the front it will reduce the wind noise? It would not be too hard to fabricate a custom one? Something like this?

I'm impressed by your english writing ability! When I look at Russian landcruiser websites I use Google Translate; otherwise I don't have a clue. Did you take english courses?

I thought abut such deflector! If lightbar will not work as deflector, I have to made it.... Too loud howl .

Thank you for your appreciation my english! :) Yes, I studied at school with "deep english language study". It was many years ago, last century ))) But now my vocabulary much poorer without practice, only grammar remains. For many words I use Google Translate too! Just now, to find what " have a clue" means.... :)

Let's continue! about metal stuff

Time is cruel. When you ride a 1991 truck, it fatally became rusty and crumpled.
Siberian winter climate is cold and dry. BUT we use warm garages. Temperature differences cause condensation in the internal cavities. And rust.
The outer damages contributes to the cause of body destruction. It's time for body repair!

kzv12.jpg

kzv10.jpg

kzv00.jpg

kzv16.jpg

kzv13.jpg

There were 2 ways to solve problem:
1. change whole body
2. chande body parts
First was too expensive. I choose second way.

kzv01.jpg

kzv03.jpg

kzv05.jpg

kzv06.jpg

kzv14.jpg

Wow, nice paint job! And I like the name. I'm sure you'll scratch it up again soon; but at least you are using it to the fullest.

My LJ78 is starting to rust in some of the same spots after 14 years in Canada. It's not in my budget to pay someone to repair it, so I will need to learn this myself.

@GTSSportCoupe tried to PM you but for some reason you are not eligible to be messaged? wanted to ask you about your frontrunner rack

@GTSSportCoupe tried to PM you but for some reason you are not eligible to be messaged? wanted to ask you about your frontrunner rack

Sorry, I turned PM's off as I get too many re: 2LTE, LOL. I don't own a front runner rack; that was just a picture off the web.

slightly dusty :rofl:

I live 1.5 miles off pavement on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, I know what slightly dusty is :rofl:, looks like you have been cruising the swamps of Dagobah.

giphy.gif

slightly dusty :rofl:
I live 1.5 miles off pavement on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, I know what slightly dusty is :rofl:, looks like you have been cruising the swamps of Dagobah.

:rofl:
It was towing of damaged Isuzu Rodeo from swamp through the empty, wet and muddy wheat fields. Wheel slips much when towing.

0_99c77_3ac39f79_XXXL.jpg

bzk19.jpg

bzk20.jpg

Last edited:
So, fenders needed. But original fenders are narrow. I hardly found wide custom fenders in Japan and shiped it to Novosibirsk. And... did not installed.
Fenders are custom, made of fiberglass. If I will damage them (and I will!) it would be hopeless situation...
And I found a guy who works with fiberglass in Russia. He agreed to make a copy. Now we have copies (more durable), And mould,matrix for those fenders, to reproduce it when needed.

We covered it by "raptor" and installed to RED OCTOBER :)

fnd01.jpg

fnd02.jpg

fnd03.jpg

fnd05.jpg

fnd06.jpg

Market is not very large - there are a little number of such TLCs with 5 doors and "narrow nose" in Russia. But I am happy to have possibility to make a copy to change broken one :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom