Builds TLC-77 Old school, new member :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep! I also heared about those "Icelanders" trucks. Of course in deep snow large tyres are better. Only one thing is different.
In wide spaces of Arctic snow is hard, with crust (we call it "nast"), Wide tires are best for it.
In our region snow is soft, loose. Wide tyres makes a bunch in front of itself and stops. So, tire must be not very wide, but a lagge diameter. And it must became more longer than wider when deflate :)

View attachment 2257737

That is very interesting! I had never thought of that. Often the snow where I live has melted/frozen several times so has a hard crust. Sometimes even with my 235/85R16 I can easily float on top.

Me too! :) Only last 2 winters I became to study snow driving, and it turned out to be very interesting! :) Snow is very different. In Arctic it may change from hour to hour. We have more than dozen words for different types of snow :) Native arctic people have even more :)

dm25.jpg

Time flies, SIMEX wears out, time to try something else.
Somethins with same perfect side lugs. And bigger size, of course! :)
The choise in Russia is not large. Silverstone and Interco. Silver smaller than SIMEX. So, choise is only one - TSL :)
TSL Bias 38*13
Three Stage Lugs makes me sure it will ride. Diameter also what I needed.
I feel happy. Tire fitting guys are happy too.... ))))

tsl20-1.jpg

tsl21.jpg

tsl8.jpg

tsl10.jpg

mud1.jpg

TSL also avesome mud tire. Central blocks makes steering as well as it possible on bias 38 tires :) Side lugs moves it throw the mud.
BTW, narrow SIMEX ET and Silverstone always digging the Earth surface :) TSL is not so agressive, it moves the truck ahead, not down.

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

sal22.jpg

sal23.jpg

kr25.jpg

Here are foto and video of our short trip alond the Ob river. It was very wet spring :)
We found the village of orthodox christians. And much water everywhere :)
tg05.jpg

tg07.jpg

tg22.jpg

tg33.jpg

tg50.jpg

"What can I do?" (Smokie, 1976)

What iron stuff should I remove?
Ftont bumper is highly lightweight. It's about 15 kg. Side bars are also not heavy. And both are necessary at offroad.
Rear bumper was extremely heavy! It holded spare tire and made like a whole piece of steel.
Remove it without remorse!

0-7.jpg

led4.jpg

bw13.jpg

bw06.jpg

78609ds-1920.jpg

I also tried to make a foot like AIBA, but made of inox too
But idea needs to be improved. Too many welding - inox steel warped, the product is crooked finally
The whole plane must be curved onto a bending machine, with spot welding only.

Now I used original AIBA pillars, slightly lower.

nrj09.jpg

nrj13.jpg

nrj16.jpg

nrj14.jpg

nrj12.jpg

Last edited:
Roof carrier platform turned out light and flat. That's what I need.
Now will add all stuff: lights, radio, hijack frame etc...

Only one thing infuriates me - it sounds like Boeing747 on speed! I used U-channels instead of pipes, and and created a new stringed wind musical instrument :))
I hope front light bar will solve this funny problem

nrj10.jpg

chu02.jpg

chu01.jpg

23-06.jpg

Roof carrier platform turned out light and flat. That's what I need.
Now will add all stuff: lights, radio, hijack frame etc...

Only one thing infuriates me - it sounds like Boeing747 on speed! I used U-channels instead of pipes, and and created a new stringed wind musical instrument :))
I hope front light bar will solve this funny problem

View attachment 2264687

View attachment 2264688

View attachment 2264689

View attachment 2264691
This is BY FAR the best 77 roof rack! Nice and close to the roof, and no sides! I love it!!!

Yes, it's close to the roof because of two reasons: reduce drag and be able to enter the garage door )))

I like the roof rack a lot too. Nice work!

Maybe if you put a wind deflector at the front it will reduce the wind noise? It would not be too hard to fabricate a custom one? Something like this?

I'm impressed by your english writing ability! When I look at Russian landcruiser websites I use Google Translate; otherwise I don't have a clue. Did you take english courses?

Windfairing-for-Slimline-II-roof-rack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom