TJM T17 bumper with fogs instead of indicators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks Great! My bumper should be delivered tomorrow, do you have any pics you can share of that winch solenoid placement? I've got the X20 12k ready to go.

I just mounted mine yesterday. I’ll grab a photo of how I Jerry rigged mine after my appointment. In short I mounted it to the power steering coils on the right side (left side when looking at the front bumper) and it fits perfect. The o my way I saw mounting it on top of the winch was to cut the front core support that holds the hood latch (There is a gusset from the factory thats in the way) and I didn’t wanna do any more cutting that day. I would be interested in see how others mounted there’s

5B287B60-0238-46B5-831C-B6307B92F4AB.jpeg

242824A8-8774-4E2F-BA42-003D6BCB5E6F.jpeg

I just mounted mine yesterday. I’ll grab a photo of how I Jerry rigged mine after my appointment. In short I mounted it to the power steering coils on the right side (left side when looking at the front bumper) and it fits perfect. The o my way I saw mounting it on top of the winch was to cut the front core support that holds the hood latch (There is a gusset from the factory thats in the way) and I didn’t wanna do any more cutting that day. I would be interested in see how others mounted there’s

View attachment 2364271

View attachment 2364273
Do you have a pic of where the mounting point ended up? It almost looks like it would fit if it was mounted offset to the winch? Passenger side?

BTW...did your bumper come with the top "TJM" cover? Mine didn't.

Got it, thanks! Didn't realize how far back the winch sits. I'll post some pics when I dig into mine. How much trimming do you need to do under the headlights?
I cut out from the middle ish of the Driving
Got it, thanks! Didn't realize how far back the winch sits. I'll post some pics when I dig into mine. How much trimming do you need to do under the headlights?

0B527A9D-A39F-4264-B3DA-9DE1403512BD.jpeg

Looks Great! My bumper should be delivered tomorrow, do you have any pics you can share of that winch solenoid placement? I've got the X20 12k ready to go.
just used some plastic wire ties to place it on the right.

IMG_8476.jpeg

I took the left bracket off the solenoid pack then tried to tie it down si it wasn't over the rope drum. When off-roading you need access to the drum to sort out build up problems

IMG_8476.jpeg

I cut out from the middle ish of the Driving

View attachment 2364421

@molonlabemike did you remove entirely the trim piece under the grille? I’m about to buy the TJM to replace a cracked OEM and I’m trying to figure out whether I need new trim pieces under the grille and L headlights, which are also cracked. Sounds like yes (new) under the headlights, which I’ll trim, and maybe no under the grille? Thanks!

@molonlabemike did you remove entirely the trim piece under the grille? I’m about to buy the TJM to replace a cracked OEM and I’m trying to figure out whether I need new trim pieces under the grille and L headlights, which are also cracked. Sounds like yes (new) under the headlights, which I’ll trim, and maybe no under the grille? Thanks!

I just trimmed the metal underneath the plastic trim. Once you test for the bumper you will see where you need to cut. Pretty easy

Thanks. Sounds like I need new trim pieces, which I‘ll install then trim when the bumper goes on.
Another basic question (and probably in the wrong thread) but I assume the metal bracket under the grill and below the headlights stays on with a TJM install? Is that the metal than needs to be trimmed? My bracket got mangled in a fender bender and if it needs to stay I’m debating whether to bend back in place or source a new one. Looks like this is how the trim filler panels below/around the headlights stay in.

D3C29E7D-3A47-4228-A32D-F32C27F4B847.jpeg

These fit into the recetangle holes well and work decent.

Amazon product ASIN B074Y13BK1
Use them for the measurements and find similar, but probably easier to go for a light bar drilled into the top as seen in this tread.

Another basic question (and probably in the wrong thread) but I assume the metal bracket under the grill and below the headlights stays on with a TJM install? Is that the metal than needs to be trimmed? My bracket got mangled in a fender bender and if it needs to stay I’m debating whether to bend back in place or source a new one. Looks like this is how the trim filler panels below/around the headlights stay in.

View attachment 2423093
On my 99 that bracket is totally clear of the bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom