Titan Rear Drawers from AUS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone!

I don't want to spend $1500 on 2 drawers from ARB...and also don't really have the skills to design/build my own.

Then I saw these from 4WD Supa Center in 'Straya. Anyone ever have these shipped to the US? I'm curious on freight.

Thanks!

Scott

40326421542_b8d7d1de14_b.jpg

Dobinsons sells them in the US, and I am very sure they are the same exact thing. I just installed them on Saturday. See my last post in "what did you do with your 80 this weekend?" thread.

I wish they had those here. I dont understand why down here its way more expensive. Smh

a decent drawer set up is not hard to build, (if I can you can) if you take your time and measure things carefully and just think things though. I built mine out of my head as I went, and just took my time. All you really need is a tape measure, a cordless drill and a saw, a crappy portable table say is all I used sitting on the driveway. And some basic supplies, I think I have less than 200 bucks in my set up and about 30 hours of actual build time

Im in Aus and i have a set, the package is about 100kg or 220pds, free freight in OZ luckily but to the US i think it would cost alot.

Dobinsons sells them in the US, and I am very sure they are the same exact thing. I just installed them on Saturday. See my last post in "what did you do with your 80 this weekend?" thread.

The math is still not lining up for me. At 4 Wheel Supa Center, the set is $359 AUD. Converted to USD (today) that is $282.77. On Amazon/Dobinson's, they are retailing for $1400. So does that mean shipping is really $1200!?

25517695287_f336233e8c_c.jpg

Next time someone ships a car in from Australia, put about 5 of those in the trunk.

only question, is that first price for one drawer or both?

Mate of mine got a set and to lock them you turn the key. You then can't get the key out. Unlock them and the key comes out. roflmao at the security set up..
Supacentre gave him new locks to fit though no questions asked and for the $$$$ you cant beat them.
I've got a set of Outback drawers from the 1990's (before ARB bought them out) that I had in my then 60 series, transferred them to the 80 with some minor drilling in the bottom rail, fit fine. The 60 was wider but slightly shorter but they still fir fine I just trimmed the lids a bit. But after 25+ years thay are as good as new of course Supacenrte don't have a track record of more than a couple of years on the Titans as yet but I'd get a set at that price anyday.

The math is still not lining up for me. At 4 Wheel Supa Center, the set is $359 AUD. Converted to USD (today) that is $282.77. On Amazon/Dobinson's, they are retailing for $1400. So does that mean shipping is really $1200!?

if you bring only one for ya by air maybe .. so what I see is your paying like that ..

25517695287_f336233e8c_c.jpg
I recently sent a 70kg / 155lbs package from AU to USA. Postage was over $600.

I recently sent a 70kg / 155lbs package from AU to USA. Postage was over $600.

Even if shipping was $800, I'd have money saved in my pocket.

The math is still not lining up for me. At 4 Wheel Supa Center, the set is $359 AUD.

Welcome to our world.
Down here, buying stuff from US of F, we get slugged hard with a s***ty exchange rate, then shipping cost is usually up in the range of handing over prized body parts and I ran out of left testicles long ago!

Man I’d love to try and get a group buy together!

I am surprised there wasn't more interest. From all of the photos I have seen they appear to be high quality....especially for half the price. Might be worth the effort posting up a proposal for a group buy and see if enough people bite to make it happen.

I am confused on the 4WD Supa Center price. It lists a crossed out price and says "separately" which seems to imply just one drawer. I assume they mean $359AUD per drawer which would make the US price including shipping make a little more sense. But then again, the specs listed are for two drawers. If Dobinson is importing these in batches, they must get some marginal shipping savings for ordering in bulk.

If someone set up a group buy directly from China, I think that would be a really good deal. More power to you if you can get these drawers for cheaper. I think they are much higher quality than most people could build themselves, at least in a reasonable amount of time.

Lest we forget, Dobinson (or any company) has no moral responsibility to sell them at any price, they just sell them at what the market will carry. Their price is cheaper than the ARB drawers, which as far as I can tell are extremely similar. The only advantage I can see on the ARB drawers is they are modular and stackable. But just looking at the Slee site, a pair of ARB drawers (with one sliding top) and the 80 series wings is $1578 without shipping or tax.

But just looking at the Slee site, a pair of ARB drawers (with one sliding top) and the 80 series wings is $1578 without shipping or tax.

And, the ARB fridge slide is NOT included and is an additional $300.

If youyare stillslooking for drawers I can make you a set. I just put together a cnc machine for full sheets of plywood. View attachment 1638629 View attachment 1638630

That's awesome! I'd be interested in them as a kit....I can assemble here and save on shipping possibly. Do they use slides? And, would it be possible to mod without the handle cutouts? I want to add my own lockable ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom