Tire pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
Ok, I know there's a lot of variables involved, but what are some general rules of thumb you guys follow for airing down? I understand the concepts, but have heard conflicting information for various terrians. I'll always be running MTs, so what kind of psi's are ideal in snow, mud, sand, rocks?

Keep,

the wagon guys in our club run anywhere from 15 to 18 psi. It's kind of see what you like. The lower you go, the more apt you are to pop a bead.

Keep - keep one thing in mind - the ability to air back up is key if you take too much out. On my swampers, I usually go to about 12 psi, but last weekend when trying a nasty obstacle I aired down to 8 psi when I got to the ledge. I have internal beadlocks and new I was risking a rim, but wanted to get up it. .... I didn't though :slap:

IMO, air down to what you feel comfortable with and you can always let some more out as you go.

Keep

I generally run the MT's at either 12psi or 15 psi for most trails - sand / rock / mud. Occasionally down to 10psi for snow / rocks - terrain dependent.

Others might disagree, but it is also dependent upon rim width, tire width, truck weight, etc.

Purchase beadlocks - and you can run with almost no air pressure.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: - its friday

Joe

Always run 48psi in the FZJ80R except in Sand, When I dropped to 30psi - Was incredible scary driving to the Service Station to reinflate.

Tyres - 270/70 R16 Yokohama Geolander H/T GO38
Rims - 16x8 PCW Dakar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom