Timbren SES ....what are your thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so those of you guys with the Timbren SES bumpstops what are your thoughts? do you like them, are they even needed, if you have an upgraded suspension and aren't towing? they look rather long and even without towing anything aggressive driving should put the axle into the bumpstops? i'm getting ready to take off my bilsteins and put on the bp51's(as soon as the updated fronts come in) and while i was there was gonna put these on if it's worth it.

I run them to limit my up travel, to save my wheel wells from being eaten by giant spinning 35" tires and only think about them when I hit them. If you think they're too long for your set up you can cycle your suspension and then remove excess material until you find the sweet spot. I'm to lazy to go to the trouble. I don't tow really so these had one purpose and thats to slow my upward motion.
good luck

thanks willy, i see they also have an active off road bumpstop which is supposed to a bit smoother engaging and progressive to maximize wheel travel
ABSTORLC2
, might be a better fit if i need them at all, hopefully i'll get a few more replies and go from there, willy are you running front and rear?

thanks willy, i see they also have an active off road bumpstop which is supposed to a bit smoother engaging and progressive to maximize wheel travel
ABSTORLC2
, might be a better fit if i need them at all, hopefully i'll get a few more replies and go from there, willy are you running front and rear?
yes both axles are sporting the Timbren jewlery - purchased mine through Slee per his suggestion for my set up

the vehicles Timbren shows in the adds for the off road bumpstops might weigh a bit less than these LC's - something to ask the guys that sell them when you dig in deeper to your research.
good luck

Like Willy I've got them to limit up travel ...... only time I've been able to tell they came in to play in the front was jumping railroad tracks.... reasonbly cheap insurance.... and cheaper then the artic flares, tho' not as sexy.....

Like Willy I've got them to limit up travel ...... only time I've been able to tell they came in to play in the front was jumping railroad tracks.... reasonbly cheap insurance.... and cheaper then the artic flares, tho' not as sexy.....
hey mate will these act as extended bumpstops? or do they still allow full suspension travel. going to be running strut spacers in a custom setup and need to know if i need to putspacers in for the timbrens or if they will work on their own

these are twice as large and long, if not more, than the OEM bumpstops. I'd consider these as extended. Its winter season here now so my limited up travel is more noticeable by the collective audible noises of my suspension and bumpstops when hitting and pushed to their travel limits. not very cool

update - I swapped to Energy's as they are a bit firmer and limit the uptravel for my 37's a bit better.... now running front and rears, although the rears tuck nicely...

they're great for all conditions - I jump my favorite railroad tracks locally at 2-3 feet off the ground and they handle it.... the timbren's cost me some fender linrer and fender trim...

http://timbren.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TOFLC2.pdf

I tried to find actual spec on size of the timbres for you but this is the best I could locate other than crawling under my truck right now. If you want I will tomorrow and measure them. Problem is the squish factor and what is that amount, and then there's probably a bunch of variables depending on how the truck is weighted down and how much suspension travel. Like many things it may boil down to an expensive purchase to find out the answer.

ye, i plan on using them even if i cant get the rest of the suspension upgrades on the 570 to work, timbren make 1" and half inch spacers so could always use them with longer bolts to properly limit the uptravel as they are made of plain solid rubber

http://timbren.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TOFLC2.pdf

I tried to find actual spec on size of the timbres for you but this is the best I could locate other than crawling under my truck right now. If you want I will tomorrow and measure them. Problem is the squish factor and what is that amount, and then there's probably a bunch of variables depending on how the truck is weighted down and how much suspension travel. Like many things it may boil down to an expensive purchase to find out the answer.

Agree.

The part that is so hard to judge is figuring out compression when uptravel is multiplied by momentum at speed. It’s one thing to measure compression with a jack or forklift—which is more like slow crawls over rocks, etc...but that won’t mimic the massive potential for the greater, violent uptravel when you hit a nasty bump at 60MPH, that compresses you coils and bumps beyond simply vehicle weight.

So...crawling over a rock...you end up sacrificing losing full compression because of the stiffness needed to prevent damage at speed.

Makes me want to come up with some way to measure how close the treads come speed. Otherwise, if I trim based on a forklift compressiontest...I could be in for a nasty surprise where a desert speed hit takes it deeper.

Last edited:
Time for a GoPro and speed bumps testing. Even then it will only be a visual reference. Where are the engineers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom