What are your recommendations for brake fluid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 LX 570 with over 176K miles on it. I don't think it ever had a brake fluid flush. Should I use Toyota OEM brake fluid or just any DOT 3 fluid? I'm looking at Prestone DOT 3 Brake Fluid: MAX Synthetic, Highest Grade, Superior Protection, 100k miles instead of the of OEN fluid.

Last edited:
The third post in a thread started three weeks ago lists four threads with lots of discussion and context on the topic

In general you will get more useful information about a topic, especially one that users might often wonder about, if you search. This forum has decades of information from awesome sources, some of whom no longer post and therefore can’t answer your direct questions.

Okay, so I was reading a few of the threads in this forums and I got very confused as to should I use, dot 3 or dot, and then Techstream bleeding, with and without Power Bleeder etc. I saw this YouTube video and he didn't make it look that complicated. Is he doing it wrong or not fully flushed?

Amsoil brake fluid is what I use in my LC. DOT 3/4 IIRC.

I've used Valvoline DOT 3 with good results in Honda's. Motorcraft brake fluid has good overall values too per their spec sheet. I used that in my old truck.

Okay, I just ordered three bottles of genuine Toyota DOT3 from Amazon...the price just went down 25%. Anyway, I was curious if there is a way tell by looking at the bottle how old it's been sitting on the shelf. From watching the Car Car Nut video, he said not to use old or stored fluid. I assumed when he said to "always use fresh fluid" that means an unopened bottle even though it's been sitting on the shelf for more than two years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom