Tilt Slide Install with 3rd Row (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We're looking at a 2020 GX460 for my wife to drive daily. She keeps the Engel fridge in her car and uses it for shopping regularly. She's afraid the floor of the GX with a 3rd row is too high for her to easily reach.
We don't have a need for a 3rd row and will never use it so I don't have a problem mounting a fridge above it.
Has anyone mounted one of the tilt slides in a 3rd row truck?
Thanks,
Mike

I'm sure there are some here who have mounted a fridge atop the the third row seats. My suggestion would be to delete the third row and gain 5" of deck height.

I'm sure there are some here who have mounted a fridge atop the the third row seats. My suggestion would be to delete the third row and gain 5" of deck height.
Tex,
For MY off roader I would do that. But for a daily driver for the wife and a new truck to boot that's not an option.
I should take one for an extended test drive and look at the structure available for mounting.
Still hoping someone has done this.
thanks

We have two fridges, a small 21 Qt (Amazon product ASIN B075R1LH8D ) that we use all the time for day trips or even cross country if were doing the motel thing.
And also our large 85 Qt (Amazon product ASIN B002W8GV8S ) for long camping stays.
Being that my wife is only 5'-1", when we use the large one she too can't see/reach in, so I purchased a really slick little step stool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYW5BFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's painfully easy to store almost anywhere and use! A whole lot cheaper than one of those tilt-outs, and not as permanent, if you care about that or not. :meh:
But again, that's just my 2¢ worth.

Richard, I will agree with you but my wife may not. . . . . . She uses the fridge for every grocery trip, and loves it.
Don't really care about the permanence, if I do an install it'll look good.
Thanks

1590476938595.png

not a dropslide but you get the idea

I really like this idea. I have a 2020 also and I sometimes use the 3rd row so deleting it is not an option. I might have to build this but slightly modified. Thanks!

Oh, what model Dometic fridge do you have?
75qt

CFX 75 DZ? I didn't know it can fit length wise. I have the 75 & the 28. I also thought my 75 had to sit horizontal across the trunk as opposed to length wise. This opens up to have some ice cream while car camping! Thanks.

Edit: What's the height clearance of that storage below the platform?

CFX 75 DZ? I didn't know it can fit length wise. I have the 75 & the 28. I also thought my 75 had to sit horizontal across the trunk as opposed to length wise. This opens up to have some ice cream while car camping! Thanks.

Edit: What's the height clearance of that storage below the platform?

About 7 in. The 2nd row seat is 1 click from all the way back. The top outside corner of the fridge cover just barely rubs on the rear glass.

MVIMG_20200529_163002.jpg

Bringing an old thread back from the dead-

My question, is to Gx460sd or any others, is how did you attach your wooden base to the vehicle? Since the 'floor' is in essence the back of the 3rd row seats, there is no bolts, threaded holes, etc to capture the base, to then attach your fridge slide to. In the photo Gx460sd attached, I would imagine the second you slide the fridge out, that badboy is going to tip! Any ideas how to safely attach the fridge slide without removing the 3rd row anyone?

Last edited:
You attach to the tie down points on the floor of the third row. You can actually unscrew them and bolt in different anchors if you like.

My question, is to Gx460sd or any others, is how did you attach your wooden base to the vehicle? Since the 'floor' is in essence the back of the 3rd row seats, there is no bolts, threaded holes, etc to capture the base, to then attach your fridge slide to. In the photo Gx460sd attached, I would imagine the second you slide the fridge out, that badboy is going to tip! Any ideas how to safely attach the fridge slide without removing the 3rd row anyone?
Looks like they used turnbuckles to tie the platform down to the 3rd row D-rings.

Why not just pull the 3rd row out and use a plywood deck? Makes things that much easier and if GX460sd had done that, his fridge cover wouldn't be hitting the glass. Besides, it's not that easy to put all that stuff in and out of the rig if you really intend to use the 3rd row seats. I have an 80qt Setpower fridge on generic Amazon slide and it fits without having to move the 2nd row seats up at all. The slide barely fits because it's huge but the fridge fits without issue. And because it sits 3" lower due to removing the 3rd row, I don't need a tilt slide. ;) And there's still room for my Plano boxes, aux battery and Renogy solar controller next to the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom