Tighter Colorado emissions standards starting 1/1/22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s going to be tough for 80 Series to meet these standards

A2402FB7-7D23-4F4E-87F6-CA1537C1FE9C.png

All areas which require emissions tests I believe

So this appears to apply only to areas currently subject to the AIR Program? (first paragraph of section A)
Nor do I see a pub or effect date later than 2015.
Is this the newest doc available?

My apologies. This is probably not the most recent document. AircareColorado says standards are tightening 1/1/22 and I had been searching to determine what they are. I thought I had found them but appears I am mistaken. If anyone else can find the new standards please enlighten me.

Last edited:
Here’s the AirCareColorado announcement

06C857CD-2E74-4A0F-B994-BFAFC6F8FC5E.png

Right. There is something afoot but it's difficult to nail down for some reason.
Specifically 'when-where'.

I think I finally found them. Not sure how to interpret the changes. Looks like no changes for 1994 or 1995 but changes to other years.

WOW!!
Am I reading that right??
PAIR delete lives on! - No visual inspection [to qualify] for certification.
Bit of a win on cats too - no verification of cali-compliance required of replacements [to qualify] for certification.
There's more too for 94-96 model years.

edit: [ ]

Did I see somewhere someone say 35in tires and they just do an OBDII test…??

Some of the changes don’t seem to make sense. It looks like some HC levels changed from 2 to 2.06. Or 1 to 1.05. That doesn’t seem right since the rest of the limits are whole numbers.

Great, I’m exempt!
Someone said that on another thread of mine. But AircareColorado says otherwise on their website. But apparently it has happened.

Some of the changes don’t seem to make sense. It looks like some HC levels changed from 2 to 2.06. Or 1 to 1.05. That doesn’t seem right since the rest of the limits are whole numbers.
Change in percentage? (in the right direction given the other changes)

Change in percentage? (in the right direction given the other changes)
Those numbers are grams per mile I think. Unless they’re changing to a different standard of measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom