Those who have after mkt rear bumpers, what do you'll do .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that my OEM rear tow hitch is gone, there's no protection for the end of the silencer....should I cut the piece that is jutting out or should I leave and let the nature take care of it when I wheel...it's going to be the first thing to drag on the ground/rocks when u go uphill...I know many of you'll have taken the whole resonator out but I do want to do that.....at least not yet
MISE 002 (Large).jpg

Cut the whole thing out. Did that long long time ago. Awesome.

Ditto. Better clearance...one less thing to bash to hell. Minimal muffling effect anyway.

Last edited:
I've left mine and because it flexes some it hasn't got trashed yet. But I have a 4x4 labs bumper so it is a little different.

I didnt have that when I put the slee bumper on, but I did trim the exhaust pipe that I had back. I TRIED to get a hidden exhaust all tucked up done in colorado but the shop i went to was lame.

I took mine off and now the emmissions people ask where my tail pipe is lol. I piont at the back door and say it end there. Doesn't sound any different, and I don't smack it anymore. I have the stock tuperware and I still managed to bend it up pretty good.

I say loose it. Before you bash it and bend it.

Interesting. I'm totally not wanting the exhaust to be louder, my loud car days are long gone. However I did notice the back muffler and tip look like crap once you install a bumper. Will add this to the list.

I cut the end off. Removed about 5" off the back. 5min with a sawzall. Short enough that if it takes a hit it stuffs up behind the bumper without making contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom