Builds Yoter's 97 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to drop in and say hello. Picked up an 80 about a month ago. New to the 80 world, but not to the toyota/ ih8mud world. I just sold my 100 (she will be missed!), and my father has a 40. Lots of mods planned and coming soon!

1997 lx450
142K miles
Stock.

Hope to meet some 80 guys around my area.... :beer: See ya on the trail!

Pic of the 80, my 100, and the 40.

photo 1.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_1371.jpg
80 guys!

photo 1.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a clean rig! Welcome! Care to fill us in on what your thinking about doing?

This past week I took care of a bunch of needed maintenance and preventative maintenance.

All and all pretty straight foward job. The PHH was defineity PESKY!!! (I underestimated it. :bang: glad its done now though) About 14 hours total for everything.

New optima blue top group 31 battery
New belts
Idler pulley
All new cooling hoses
New Toyota Radiator
Front main seal
Oil pump seal
Fan clutch
Water pump
Valve cover gasket
TB gasket
Spark Plugs, Wires and Cap/ Rotor
PHH
FHH
CDL switch
And PFRAN interior leds and reverse lights

I think thats it! If anyone has any questions about any of it give me a shout.

Lots of mods to come to be able to get on the trail this spring/ summer!!!

photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a clean rig! Welcome! Care to fill us in on what your thinking about doing?

Calipber its pretty clean. Family suv, ZERO offroading.

The plan is gonna be:

ARB front bumper
Slee Rear
Hanna Sliders
IP belly
Warn 12k
Front/ Rear ARB (only negative, didnt come with electric lockers. owell)
4.88's
Toyo 315s
Homemade drawer system
Second battery

And Im sure lots of other small things like fuse blocks etc.

I need to get going!! :) :popcorn:

My biggest dilemma is deciding on Slee"s 4 or 6 inch kit! After lots and lots of info gathering and reading I think I'm going 4". Still not 100%.

Great looking 80!! I plan on heading a similar direction as you so I am curious to see how it turns out. Very clean 80 indeed!!

Congrats! That is fine looking truck!

Hey 80 fellas!

Wanted to drop in and say hello. Picked up an 80 about a month ago. New to the 80 world, but not to the toyota/ ih8mud world. I just sold my 100 (she will be missed!), and my father has a 40. Lots of mods planned and coming soon!

1997 lx450
142K miles
Stock.

Pic of the 80, my 100, and
View attachment 735301

View attachment 735302

View attachment 735303

Nice looking rig... Looks clean!!!

Welcome to the 80 series. Looks like you have a great build plan. Best of luck. Post of pics. We are all anxious to it progress.

Awesome! What was the final decision?

Congrats on the new baby. Maybe we'll run across each other. My family vacations up in the Bay Area, twice a year, to visit family.

Definitely! Let me know if your ever in the valley.

I decided on the 4". Very tough decision. If I decide its not enough, I'll either throw some spacer on there or someone will get some barely used Slee springs and pick up some 6" springs.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and sent me pictures. Very much appreciated!

Solid choice!

Installed the rear bumper today. Everyone already knows the quality of Slee products. I will say this bumper is SWEET!!! Extremely beefy bumper. Two man job, had a little help from the little bro.... Hopefully I will have time to put the Slee lift on tomorrow or next week.

image-4222760347.jpg
image-1360169795.jpg
image-1713672188.jpg
image-1307641328.jpg

Last edited:
Update!

Installed the Slee receiver that I picked up from a mud member. You can cut the crossmember square out with the bumper on with the right tools. Really did not want to take the bumper off.

I'm really wanting to throw on the couple thousand dollars worth of lift in my garage. The national back order on toyo mts is really putting a damper on everything. I'm gonna have to give into Schwab rather than supporting the local shop. Tires and lift should be on next week!

image-3388413491.jpg
image-2195360677.jpg

Last edited:
80 guys!

1997 lx450
142K miles
Stock.

Pic of the 80, my 100, and the 40.

View attachment 735301

View attachment 735302

View attachment 735303

AWESOME RIG!!!!!! welcome to the sickness , late hours and good times with the best ride you ever had. Good Luck !!!!!!!!

CRUISER TIME

Very nice rig. I'm jealous of the slee bumper.

Finished the Slee kit today. All day affair. No hangups, smooth sailing. Having access to a lift really makes things a whole lot nicer.

Front control arms, f/r pan hard bars, front medium Slee 4" coils, rear heavies, adjustable upper rear control arms, extended brake lines, extended diff breathers, ome sport shocks and ome steering stabilizer.

There is about a 1.5 inch rake front to rear. Looks like a lot more though. Will probably throw a little Slee spacer in the front.

Tires and alignment tomorrow!!!

image-3545750172.jpg
image-3002932842.jpg
image-3566425289.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom