Deer Strike, Insurance won't pay out, what options do I have here for rebuild? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are going to want to get the work done outside the Roaring Fork Valley....you are too close to Aspen and the prices will be crazy most everywhere. High Tone is an excellent shop, but expensive. Look starting in the Rifle area and then down towards Grand Junction. Try calling Rifle Auto Sales....I am not 100% positive, but I believe they specialize in selling collision repaired vehicles. There is a Large body shop there.

I am replacing my radiator in the next week or two, time allowing as I'm doing the work myself...You can have my functioning old one if you want it. I am replacing it simply due to age. I live down in Silt ( near Rifle ).
Hey z, great suggestion. I figured I'd be in a higher price area, at the time the state trooper said to have it towed to high tone.

I'll definitely call Rifle and ask. Should I share the work order I got from High Tone with another body shop if I just redact the pricing? Or should I just tell them what all is needed?
I might have AAA get it towed to rifle.

Not mine, I’ve never done business with these guys, and this is an older ad….

Hey this is interesting. I wonder if this would be a good candidate for an engine swap?

Nice. I know it’s a bummer but in time you will get your LX up and running again and may even look better than before with those aftermarket parts. Looking forward to your build.
Yeah, I'm in a pinch for sure. Thanks for the positive outlook!

Hey this is interesting. I wonder if this would be a good candidate for an engine swap?
Possibly, or the used parts to repair what you have.

Possibly, or the used parts to repair what you have.
Yes, I actually found a LX on marketplace about 200 miles from me , I was thinking about driving that out here to my location and cannibalizing it for my LX.
TBH, I'm stewing the engine swap idea more. Pros are it's a similar cost (maybe? I don't really know) and the shop would take care of the install.
I also got a quote from Copart in Denver.
Online form produced a quote of $2k to take my crashed LX with a pick up included(I should re-read that quote to be sure). If the $$$$ are close, this would save me the pick and pull, installing job on the individual parts and likely get me back to my daily commute for work. The work commute and overall expenses of this is what's killing me rn.

Thoughts?

Try another post with the parts that you specifically want. For example, many are upgrading front bumpers so they should be out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom