this just didn't seem right..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Had fun getting ready for the TB jambo next weekend.

I am not a huge fan of full throttle vertical climbs and I heard that water in teh tires will give you a bit of an edge. So I decided to try it.

fancy dancy little adapter allowed me to hook a garden hose directly up to the front tires. I used a ball valve (green thing) so I could control the flow better. It actually worked great with a slow rate and the Klune R.A.D valves I have. The valves allowed the pressure to dissipate and then basically told me when the tires were full.. Course, I still overfilled one ;)

It is just odd watching water spray out of your tires :D
filling.jpg
full of water.jpg
overfilled.jpg

BTW, I weighed the tires before and after.. 130# without water and 308 after water..

Each..

Changing a tire is gonna be tough ;)

It is only an extra 350lbs. You only fill up the front tires. Rear tires would just make it harder to haul my cruisers fat ass over a climb ;)

But still. I only have stock inners. (35 spline non neck down). If something breaks, I'll just pick up a set of D60 U joints From Bobby and Scott from Rockstomper is bringing out some alloy USA shafts for me.

Nice thing about being stock Fullwidth. EASY to get parts :)

8 lbs/gal

22 gals per tire approx..

lol

And Hydro steering too Jack ;)

I actually got one from Georg. But thanks!!
You hitting the rubithon this year?

Yeah Jim, 40" Iroks. But be aware, Almost everyone that I talked to said that alloy axles and super joints were a requirement on a D60 axle.. I doubt the knuckles on a cruiser axle would hold up to the abuse..
BUT, I have not ran them..

If you don't want it laying around anymore then sure, bring it down :)

Thanks Jack..

Hi All:

Heck, why buy an extended-range fuel tank?!? Just fill up the front tires with that extra go-juice! :grinpimp:

Regards,

Alan

Just filled to the top of the rim.

Yeah, the spring rates will change because of the water (water does not compress) but the little pocket of air makes it work fine.

well, how the hell did it work out? you go yet?

I guess its easy to find leaks in your beadlocks... ;)

Handle different on the road?

no real handling differences on the road.

Hammers this weekend to find out if I either snap things or climb like you would not believe ;)

I am voting E all of the above.

If you come back with out pictures, I'll talk to Woody about banning you.

no real handling differences on the road.

Hammers this weekend to find out if I either snap things or climb like you would not believe ;)

yes you best be getting pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom