The Ultimate Truck Bed Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heres the cage im getting ready to bend up for mine, if this helps you any...
36737_471139392587_713647587_5814218_6239739_n.jpg

Can anyone tell me where to find a stock 6' bed for an 88 toyota pickup that would be fairly priced with no dang rust

Please help an unskilled uneducated yota fan out I just bought an 88 for 1300 and dont know where to start

I drive my bobbed bed 1989 for weekend trips. Has anyone set up a bed with spare that actually has space for gear? I’m a single cab with an occasional co-pilot Pics very much appreciated.

Last edited:
100_0891.JPG

85 Xcab on 80 swb frame, front bobbed 12". Tire is vertical behind driver. Room for stuff but not for sleeping.

View attachment 2083395

85 Xcab on 80 swb frame, front bobbed 12". Tire is vertical behind driver. Room for stuff but not for sleeping.
Nice. What size tire? I’m on 38 swampers. I was think of one of those overland like bed racks and putting the tire on the top of that. I like what you did there.

Pic is 33s, currently on 35s. Tires up top are difficult to access and replace. Also put too much weight overhead.

I’m building my 84 Xcab with a bobbed flatbed and 33s. The plan is to mount the spare on the bed - similar to where farg has his.

I sketched out a mount that's really a swing-away you'd see on a rear bumper... the tire would be flat against the cab, but could swing 90 degrees - to be perpendicular with the side of the flatbed - and lock in place. The goal would be to allow full access/use of the bed - either for a tent or load, etc. Just a sketch at this point though.

Last edited:
I’m building my 84 Xcab with a bobbed flatbed and 33s. The plan is to mount the spare on the bed - similar to where farg has his.

I sketched out a mount that's really a swing-away you'd see on a rear bumper... the tire would be flat against the cab, but could swing 90 degrees - to be perpendicular with the side of the flatbed - and lock in place. The goal would be to allow full access/use of the bed - either for a tent or load, etc. Just a sketch at this point though.
I spent a lot of time thinking about it yesterday and I found a way to mount it standing up in the bed, perpendicular from your set up that wont cost a million dollars. Then I think I’ll just find a couple of larger chests that I can lock and mount them to the bed of the truck. The truck sits at my shop so I haven’t had time to get up there and do some measuring. Soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom