The Hilux Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

new and improved for 2024 , now with cheater slicks .

resize cheater slick.jpg

resize cheater 2.jpg

Picked up a 2 for 1 deal. Both are 71s.

The one in the foreground is complete other than a seat and bumper and a few little things. That's OK, because the other one is a parts truck. It has no engine, no seat either, no windshield or rear window. It does have a bunch of engine accessories in the toolbox. Carb, intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor, a few other things. I haven't done anything other than look them over. Pretty neat little trucks and I mean "little". That '86 pickup looks practically huge in comparison!

20240122_124557.jpg

Last edited:
96 HILUX LN112 checking in from Virginia. JDM RHD.

Really hoping to get some relevant comfortable model numbers for bumpers and body work.

Not easy to find Hilux-specific accessories, but millions of Tacoma options. 🥴

View attachment 3559425
what sort of bumper are you after? The front clip is the same as the 1988-1995 toyota Pickup for the US market. Lots of options for that.
yours is chery, love that color. Mirrors from toyota pickup, first gen 4runner, 60 series and i do believe 70 series will bolt right up. GU patrol mirrors will work with an additional hole drilled.

click here to sort select your exact model and find part numbers.

what sort of bumper are you after? The front clip is the same as the 1988-1995 toyota Pickup for the US market. Lots of options for that.
yours is chery, love that color. Mirrors from toyota pickup, first gen 4runner, 60 series and i do believe 70 series will bolt right up. GU patrol mirrors will work with an additional hole drilled.

click here to sort select your exact model and find part numbers.
Thanks for the kind words and help. It's a Lexus paint chip; Nori Green. It's a stunner...

I'm well accustomed to Amayama and buyee.jp so I can source most parts, just looking for some other cosmetics and upgrades that might fit.

As for bumper I was really hoping for a rear that would hold a jerry can or maybe even a tire. Just exploring my options as there are so many variants.

Thanks for the kind words and help. It's a Lexus paint chip; Nori Green. It's a stunner...

I'm well accustomed to Amayama and buyee.jp so I can source most parts, just looking for some other cosmetics and upgrades that might fit.

As for bumper I was really hoping for a rear that would hold a jerry can or maybe even a tire. Just exploring my options as there are so many variants.
Arb makes a good bumper but you would have to mod it. I say google “Toyota pickup rear bumper Jerry can”

Maybe get a custom one made or message a builder like…

20240217_160555.jpg

20240217_160619.jpg

20240217_160607.jpg

Doing some winter undercoating with my buddies (CRC 06026 and Fluid film). We all drove our luxes. Had to take a picture.

Missing my second diesel rig in this shot. I'll have to get one with all four during the summer.

Two IFS trucks, both higher trim levels. My SFA truck, 106 series got more robust skid plates, simpler interior, manual hubs etc. Left to right: diesel, gas, diesel.

Last edited:
View attachment 3560213
View attachment 3560214
View attachment 3560215

Doing some winter undercoating with my buddies (CRC 06026 and Fluid film). We all drove our luxes. Had to take a picture.

Missing my second diesel rig in this shot. I'll have to get one with all four during the summer.

Two IFS trucks, both higher trim levels. My SFA truck, 106 series got more robust skid plates, simpler interior, manual hubs etc. Left to right: diesel, gas, diesel.

Man ... I love those dual tube Hilux roll bars. If you have an extra somewhere (or see one somewhere), let me know! I'm hoping I can modify it to fit my 82 Pickup.

Man ... I love those dual tube Hilux roll bars. If you have an extra somewhere (or see one somewhere), let me know! I'm hoping I can modify it to fit my 82 Pickup.

They are hard to find. That particular design only came on Japan trucks with the SSRX trim. I was going to swap the bar from the center truck on to mine. But then I saw this on BaT...

IMG_1313-scaled.jpeg

IMG_1441-4-scaled.jpg

Yes, a roll bar crane. I reached out to the dealer in the hopes of getting in touch with the guy who bought it. No word yet.

Here's another one that sold a few years back.

Screenshot_20240218-075044_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-075030_Chrome.jpg

So, that's my wet dream. I'd use that crane allll the time.

My trucks aren't mall crawlers. They get used and used hard. Thats what a hilux is for.

I saw that on BaT too. Pretty cool, but not sure I would use. LOL

They are hard to find. That particular design only came on Japan trucks with the SSRX trim. I was going to swap the bar from the center truck on to mine. But then I saw this on BaT...

View attachment 3560603
View attachment 3560604

Yes, a roll bar crane. I reached out to the dealer in the hopes of getting in touch with the guy who bought it. No word yet.

Here's another one that sold a few years back.

View attachment 3560605
View attachment 3560607

So, that's my wet dream. I'd use that crane allll the time.

My trucks aren't mall crawlers. They get used and used hard. Thats what a hilux is for.
The bottom on is serving as jet ski service truck in Florida

I’m taking this off if you’re interested? Also pulling the brush guard off and replacing with an ARB bumper

image000000.jpeg

image000003.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom