The Ultimate Truck Bed Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bobbed or Flatbed, post pics. I'm looking for ideas. My :princess: thinks bobbed beds look too short, so I'd like to try to change her mind before we dig into this project.

A friend set up my 3rds for me with 5.29 R&Ps and ARBs. Driveshafts are being lengthened and sleeved right now. Next I'm installing the 4X Innovations front bumper and winch and sliders. After that the bed....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota-truck-tech/217756-decided-build-my-85-a.html

I still really like All Pros flatbed pictured in Post 14 in that thread^^^^, but I think I'd want min full width.

And YES (before anyone asks), I searched, and know what's in the FAQ and over on Pirate. :D

Just bobbed mine, 13 inches.
102_2024.jpg

More pics, rollerracer. Specifically side shots when you can. That looks great.

OK here's mine. 80 SWB frame, 85Xcab. Bed shortened in front 12" to get the wheel wells to line up. Work done with a Makita grinder, Sawsall and a four pound sledge hammer. Bought a mig just for the sheetmetal work.
rock.jpg

OK here's mine. 80 SWB frame, 85Xcab. Bed shortened in front 12" to get the wheel wells to line up. Work done with a Makita grinder, Sawsall and a four pound sledge hammer. Bought a mig just for the sheetmetal work.

That looks like my OAL. How long is your bed? :idea:

Bobbed 14"

IMG_1317.jpg

Here is my old truck, I think they look odd with full length beds after bobbing mine :)

12 inches bobbed

CRW_5032.jpg

That olive drab 79-83 exo'd pickup is BAD@SS!!!! If I had the time and money to build another rig, that would for sure be my new inspiration! :D

Cruddy picture but the best I have. Started as a long bed and I bobbed the front and the rear including moving the wheelbase to a few inches shorter than a factory short bed. Since then I have another long bed sitting here that I will go tubes/flatbed

scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom