The Ultimate BBQ Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ever since I read about and tried the 3-2-1 method on ribs I have used it ever since. 3 hours under smoke followed by 2 hours on an aluminum cookie sheet (with a little beer inside) tightly wrapped in foil followed by one hour uncovered with or without some bbq sauce. fall apart bare bone goodness every time. Probably a repost......

No, I have the smoker at about 225 deg for the whole time. Or thereabouts. Propane Camp Chef Smoke Vault.

Have never smoked ribs yet. Tried the 2-2-1 @275 with some apple wood and they came out perfectly. Damn they were good!

20150823_152604.jpg 20150823_202919.jpg

Last edited:
The bags of that I have tried have not burned well at all. I have gone back to BGE brand. :bang:

The bags of that I have tried have not burned well at all. I have gone back to BGE brand. :bang:
It's my first one and has lots of very large pieces. I keep forgetting to check my stockpile until the last minute, then I don't feel like driving an extra 45 minute round trip for the good stuff. I've also gone back to BGE brand, Sam. The overpriced boutique crap from Blackhawk Hardware was a huge disappointment. I'll check my garbage can for the name on the bag. Didn't leave much ash but burned way too quickly.

EDIT: Rockwood was the $$$ brand I didn't like from Blackhawk.

Last edited:
My experience with the Frontier was that it was low priced ;) but burned really fast and very hot and would pop a lot and throw little sparks everywhere. It did have a decent amount of big pieces, but there was nothing between big pieces and extraordinarily small ones that fall through the bottom grate of the BGE

Oh man does that brisket looks good ..... :beer:

Last edited:
Not sure what it was at first, but I found some beautiful, well seasoned mesquite buried in the misc "get around to pile".

Plenty of stuff to wafer to fit a smoker box.:cool:
Mesquite wafers.jpg

Heading out of town to cater a wedding and cook BBQ. We are loaded up.
IMG_20151113_084242858.jpg
IMG_20151113_084251268.jpg
IMG_20151113_085134869.jpg

Going to throw the meat on around 2300 tonight. I'll get some pics up.

IMG_20151113_084242858.jpg

IMG_20151113_084251268.jpg

Turned out great. Ended up having a whole serving pan leftover, so we got to take a lot of leftovers home for the freezer. Funny note, when we got back to the cabin 3 Black Bears were running away and my grease bucket was knocked over and empty.
IMG_20151114_172330128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom