The Toyota Switch Thread (80 Series) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wonder about the mini van switches such as the wiper and the rear window defroster what are the wiring up specs. Want to use a switch similar to the rear defroster for x vision spots on the front. Any help would be great and pics would be a bonus.

redhazsw.jpg

Been looking for one of these all-red hazard switches all over the internet and can't even find the part number let alone any switches. Yet I keep on seeing them in pictures, so they must exist in some market(Canada? Overseas?) somewhere. Can anyone say what model Toyota's they came in?

And by the way, :flipoff2: gotmud for posting the awesome 115 volt setup, now I need one of those too! And more money to do it with!

Damn this forum is expensive to read!

Here's a few more. Always on the lookout for switches when I'm at the wreckers.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You mean this one? I thought everyone had one :flipoff2:View attachment 952718
I think THAT'S the root cause of your overheating problem right there! Sure! The red coloration must be increasing the warbelizer effect on your differenticulator, which then overwinds your blinker fluid resulting in your overheating issues. So simple! Why didn't we see that before?

I think you need to remove that nasty looking thing immediately and send it on to a guy in a colder climate. Like Maine for instance! I'd even be willing to take that dangerous object for you free of any hazmat disposal charges, you know, in 80's brotherhood and all that....:)

Last edited:
@artech I may still have another. I bought three and gave away at least one. I'll check. If so its yours.
Wow, and here I was messing with you! If you have an extra one that would be completely awesome! PM me and let me know!

Last edited:
Or a part number or even what it came off of? I know I'm not the only guy looking...

Hi happen to find a couple of switches out of a Tarago and a work van just wondering if anyone knows the wiring lay out as I'm trying to wire a winch on/off and an momentum in/out for the winch as you can seen have already relabled a rear window demister.
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0137.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0145.JPG
DSC_0137.JPG
DSC_0138.JPG
any help much appreciated

Hey sort of but just would like to know what each of the wires did so I can get illumination and a in and out power for winch and the same for the other power on/off switch which I've labelled already

I'm guessing that the two smaller wires to the right in the first pic are for your illumination (+12v & gnd), and the other three are for the momentary action. For the other switch, I would guess the two larger wires are power in/ out with maybe the smaller one a gnd for the illumination bulb.

image.jpeg
Made an impromptu stop at the picknpull and scored 5 switches from a 2nd gen 4Runner.

Last edited:
Sub'd....curious on the all red hazards

Picked up some more...

image.jpeg

Not a switch really, but is anyone aware of an oak-colored blank? I'm wanting to replace the gunk collecting coin holders in my center console.

Not a switch really, but is anyone aware of an oak-colored blank? I'm wanting to replace the gunk collecting coin holders in my center console.

Picked one up last week along with the switches. Interior looked a bit lighter than our oak coloured interiors. I believe it was out of a Camary.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom