the Puma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will need 3, one for the rig side, one for the compressor and one for jumpers to make it portable. Blue is fine, 6G.

Link to the Voltage Drop Calculator I use with an option for 24V for our Diesel powered friends. Comparing it with test I have done it has been very accurate.

FWIW - NEC (National Electric Code) has a maximum rating of 30A for #10awg regardless of its length.

Buzzard Gulch has free shipping on orders over $250, anyone else want to order a compressor? Anyone need anything from BG?

The plug I have is from Minn Kota for recharging the battery on their trolling motors & is the same as the ones you are considering. I have over 20' of power cord & will be up grading from 10 to 6 guage. Got a good source for the wire?

The plug I have is from Minn Kota for recharging the battery on their trolling motors & is the same as the ones you are considering. I have over 20' of power cord & will be up grading from 10 to 6 guage. Got a good source for the wire?

The Cable Yard

good price IMO

Thanks for the info.

The powerpole sets are ordered , I will let you guys know when they are in. They should be here by May meeting.
thanks
Don

I'm having trouble locating 6 gauge wire. Who has the hook up for it?
I just need enough for a small run 2x7' say 14' unless someone has it in 6-2 then 7' stranded for the puma run
thanks
Don

I just need enough for a small run 2x7' say 14' unless someone has it in 6-2 then 7' stranded for the puma run
thanks
Don

West Marine - not the best price but great quality and very flexable wire

Welding shops also have it by the foot

thanks
Don

I haven't looked locally, but this link looks good?

The Cable Yard

If you want to order, I would be in for some? I will be using the frame for ground, so ~25ft?

Yeah , that is a really good price too. West Marine, $4.09/ft
Welding companies didn't have it. They only have 4/0 or bigger
Anyone else need any 6/0 cable before we order??
Not sure what shipping will be, but it can't come out to more than a 1$ or so a foot.

P.S Thanks for the info Phil

Yeah , that is a really good price too. West Marine, $4.09/ft
Welding companies didn't have it. They only have #4 or bigger
Anyone else need any #6 cable before we order??
Not sure what shipping will be, but it can't come out to more than a 1$ or so a foot.

P.S Thanks for the info Phil

Fixed it for you:)

I haven't looked locally, but this link looks good?

The Cable Yard

If you want to order, I would be in for some? I will be using the frame for ground, so ~25ft?

The Anderson polesets came in tonight.
Kevin you wanted 3 correct? @ $3.82 = $11.46
I want 15 Ft of 6/0 @ .63 = $9.45 + shipping
Why don't you order the wire and we will be close to even .
Thanks
Don

The Anderson polesets came in tonight.
Kevin you wanted 3 correct? @ $3.82 = $11.46

Ahh, good ol' Canada. I got 3 120A sets locally - $40 out the door :crybaby:
I found some nice 6 GA wire at the local marine store for $2 per ft. Thought I might grab one of these and fuse the line with a maxi fuse:

Don, if you wire yours with 6/0 I want to see pictures :D
5006.jpg

Obviously 6/0 doesn't mean 6 gauge? Ok you got me :D

I will wire it with whatever Kevin gets me :)
thanks
Don

thanks
Don

Wire gauges go to 0, then multiples of 0, 6/0 is six aught or 000000. IIRC about the size of a big garden hose.:hillbilly:

thanks
Don

I guess you "can" wire your compressor with this: :flipoff2: Did that guy rob ever call you?
cable1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom