The never ending oil filter conundrum. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some pics of the engine compartment. Apologies for the mis-ID of the type. As a new one to these I thought that because it's 3 liter it is a 3B. It is a B motor. The previous owner did put A/C on it as you can see. No heater. Went to local Toyota dealer parts guy who said that the 90915-YZZD3 is for gas not diesel. # he gave is 15601-68010 which is lo longer available from them.

driverside.jpg

engine front.jpg

oilfilter.jpg

Looks like it could be easily replaced with a different filter system. I'm planning to put a Frantz toilet paper filter on mine this spring. I'm about out of PH8A's and I have the Frantz unit.

Back in the late 70's I worked at a gas station for a while. There was this guy with a Mercedes that had like 350,000 miles on it. At oil change it came out about as clear as the new stuff going in, I was impressed.

Frantz Filters, LLC. Official Website - https://www.frantzfilters.com/

I like that. Thanks for the info. I did just find a PH8A after posting. Franz sound like a good deal.

Why do you keep starting new threads? I already gave you the answer in your other thread. 90915-YZZD3 is the correct part.

DO NOT LISTEN to your local Toyota parts button pusher. He has no idea about anything to do with Toyota diesels.

Again, your oil filter part number is 90915-YZZD3. Don’t second guess this. It is the correct part. And DO NOT put a Fram on your engine.

15601- 68010 is for 2H/12H-T engines. You don’t have one of those. DO NOT ORDER THIS PART.

Your air filter will be 17801-60040 If it is a dry element filter.

If it is an oil bath filter, you will need to clean it and reuse it with new oil for the bath aspect.

Your fuel filter will be determined based on build month of your truck which is based on your serial number.

If your fuel filter looks like something that spins on the part number will be 23303-56031.

If your fuel filter looks like it is a canister with a bolt through the bottom of it, then you have an element-style filter: You keep the housing and install a new element inside. Part number: 04234-48011

ALL of these part number can be ordered from any Toyota parts outlet.

What he said^^^.

I second, do NOT use Fram ph8. Yes it will fit. Yes it will work... as well as any fram will work. They are cheap junk.

Along with the above mentioned OEM part, there are numerous aftermarket filters which will fiT and will work. Cheap ones and expensive ones. Big ones and small ones. A lot that are NOT ever listed for any toyota engine All that *really* matters is the thread to screw on and the diameter of the sealing gasket.

This is NOT rocket surgery or brain science. It's a freaking oil filter is all. Any parts store and most walmarts will have more than one which will fit and work perfectly. If you want to keep it simple, as mentioned before, walk in and ask for one for an F, a 2F, a 3F, a 1FZ, a 3vz, a 5vz... lots of others too.

I am partial to large capacity filters. This one will never be found in a search for Toyota Filters. IIRC I originally found it listed for one of the gas engine ford F250s... early 90s vintage I think. Just an example of the wide variety of filters tht you can find and obtain with pretty much zero time and effort.
Resized_20230714_170849.jpeg

Mark...

Here are some pics of the engine compartment. Apologies for the mis-ID of the type. As a new one to these I thought that because it's 3 liter it is a 3B. It is a B motor. The previous owner did put A/C on it as you can see. No heater. Went to local Toyota dealer parts guy who said that the 90915-YZZD3 is for gas not diesel. # he gave is 15601-68010 which is lo longer available from them.

View attachment 3548653

View attachment 3548654

View attachment 3548655

so your needed correct B toyota genuine parts DENSO OEM Parts Maker oil filters are only a few inches north on your AAA paper print media fold out road map you have stashed in your glove box ....

- i personally shop at TOYOTA of TORONTO when this type of unique parts needs DIESEL Land Cruiser parts in a pinch comes up

- you should purchase maybe 3 or 4 until you find a steady source of them

- i would absolutely
NOT install any other 3rd part NON-OEM oil filter , air filter or oil pan drain plug gasket for that matter too

- if anyone suggests otherwise , your not being set up for success here on that and this bottom line ......

-

- here is a idea of all the Local TOYOTA Canada Dealers to choose from ...

- i am on the east coast too , and TOYOTA of TORANTO is a good fit from and function .....

THIS IS THE WAY .......:wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

1706940735663.png

1706942147263.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom