Proper 3 oil filters and source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had good advice so far for my sortie into the world of the BJ40. Thanks! If anyone from around the world has a source for proper filters for the 3B motor, I'd be grateful. Thx

I'd have to check and verify, but doesn't the 3B use the same oil filters as the F, 2F ,3F, 1FZ, the V6s and and and...?

Mark...

Good advice. Sorry 'bout that. I'm in North Carolina, BJ40 1975 with a 3B engine

Ok. So more clarification is needed:

A 1975 BJ40 never came with the 3B as that engine was still in development stages. You would have had a B engine.

So, what is this 3B out of? A Land Cruiser? A Coaster bus? A Hiace? A Dyna?

Post a picture of your engine bay.

All I know of the history is that it was used on a Plantain (sp?) farm in Costa Rica. So I'd guess that it was modified as necessary to stay employed.There are many things odd with it but it is just a fun project for an old man to play with. As long as I can keep the fluids good and clean and the valves adjusted and the pump timed, I'm good. here is a pic of the engine. I talked to local Toyota Tech who says 90915-YZZD3 will work fine. The thread diameter and pitch are right.

IMG_1305 (1).jpg

All I know of the history is that it was used on a Plantain (sp?) farm in Costa Rica. So I'd guess that it was modified as necessary to stay employed.There are many things odd with it but it is just a fun project for an old man to play with. As long as I can keep the fluids good and clean and the valves adjusted and the pump timed, I'm good. here is a pic of the engine. I talked to local Toyota Tech who says 90915-YZZD3 will work fine. The thread diameter and pitch are right.

View attachment 3547402

You do not have a 3B engine. You have a B engine.

You really need to take a wide angle shot of the engine bay. What you are giving us is **not** allowing us to assist you at all. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom