The MUD 100 series Photos thread (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quality time with the family. My 4 year old refers to the Land Cruiser as the "Monster Truck" lol

North Bend 2.jpg
North Bend 3.jpg

Spotted this cream puff in Austin last week.

xzdxKxV.jpg

impressions? I am on the fence about removing AHC
Bought the LX with 240k miles on it. AHC was functional, but tired and ready to be retired.

So far the ride is excellent. The MRRs ride night and day better than the AHC did. Took some adjustment to get the rebound set in a good spot, not completely content with how I have adjusted it just yet. I need to also go through and replace all the sway bar bushings & old dried up rubber pieces. That said, it feels very plush compared to AHC.

Installed all of the following in one go:
• Dobinsons Diff Drop
• Dobinsons MRR Front Shocks (MRA59-A786)
• Dobinsons MRR Rear Shock (MRA59-A682)
• Dobinsons Heavy Duty Torsion Bars
• Dobinsons Rear Coil Springs (C59-167)
• SPC Upper Control Arms

Bought the LX with 240k miles on it. AHC was functional, but tired and ready to be retired.

So far the ride is excellent. The MRRs ride night and day better than the AHC did. Took some adjustment to get the rebound set in a good spot, not completely content with how I have adjusted it just yet. I need to also go through and replace all the sway bar bushings & old dried up rubber pieces. That said, it feels very plush compared to AHC.

• Dobinsons Diff Drop
• SPC Upper Control Arms
Why would you go with the full Dobinson set up but excluded the UCA's?

Why would you go with the full Dobinson set up but excluded the UCA's?
UCAs were replaced, just not with Dobinsons UCAs. On my 4Runner I installed a set of OME BP51’s along with the OME UCAs to go with it. I went to three different shops before I could find someone who could get the 4Runner into alignment. All of the shops, including the shop that did get the alignment correct, blamed the OME UCAs for the difficulties getting it within spec. They all recommended replacing the non adjustable UCAs with SPC adjustable UCAs.

When ordering parts for the LX, I chose to skip over the Dobinsons UCAs and just go straight to SPC. Had no issue with alignment this go around.

Last edited:

• Dobinsons Diff Drop
• SPC Upper Control Arms
I attended a regional Cruiser event in Hot Springs AR last weekend. Another owner with both a 200 and 100 series let us know how much he now likes the ride since moving to MRR. I was an early adopter of the IMS extended travel shocks. I have no reason to replace them after almost 3 years of use. If I do replace them, it will be for a set of MRR.

Last edited:
UCAs were replaced, just not with Dobinsons UCAs. On my 4Runner I installed a set of OME BP51’s along with the OME UCAs to go with it. I went to three different shops before I could find someone who could get the 4Runner into alignment. All of the shops, including the shop that did get the alignment correct, blamed the OME UCAs for the difficulties getting it within spec. They all recommended replacing the non adjustable UCAs with SPC adjustable UCAs.

When ordering parts for the LX, I chose to skip over the Dobinsons UCAs and just go straight to SPC. Had no issue with alignment this go around.
I run Ironman S3 and Dobinson UCA's. With the +3 degrees built in, no problem getting the alignment in spec.
I've heard 10+ years of complaints about SPC with the old poly ball joint that squeaks and went bad every 10k to the new ones that are just so so. Although they are still fairly new, I haven't heard a single issue/complaint with the Dobinsons. Love mine.

295/70/18 being stuffed!
20230430_124334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom